SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pulsar SSS, want to get some real power out of it. I have done the exhauste and air intake and will soon get a programable ecu. But what about a turbo or Supercharger? Would I have to spend heaps on the engine to prepare it for a turbo or shoule try to put in a SR20DET. Please help thanks
Nick Mel, Australia

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
As long as yer engine is in ship-shape and has the proper ECU programming to back it up (beit JWT or black box) there's no reason why you couldn't turbo it. There are 2 bolt on kits out there
www.f-max.com
www.hotshot.com
Or you can piece together your own kit like I did. I didn't really pick it this piece and that piece from time to time, I got a bunch of stuff from one person who blew his DET. Depending on the mileage of your SR20DE, you may want to get a whole DET swap. That's up to you. JWT can program ECUs (dunno about foreign ones) for any application.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Seeing as you live in aus try importing a DET from a Bluebird SSS. Get the maf,ecu,harness,motor and bolt the thing up to your stock trans.

I don't think it would be worth the shipping from aus to cali,usa for a ecu reprogram. Are their any ecu programers in aus you can got to that have a good Nissan reputation?

Mike
98sentraSE Turbo w/BB SSS DET,JWT ECU,Cobra MAF,MSD 50lb/hr injectors.....more fuel more power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts