SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the FMAX Stage 1 setup.

At 8lbs I dyno'd 221hp and 197tq. I'd really like to turn the boost up but I was getting some detonation with just the 8lbs. I was able to dial this out with my ignition but increasing the boost right now is kind of out of the question.

So the question arrises what to do next so I can increase the boost a bit, possibly to 12lbs would be nice.

1) S4 cams, bored SE-R MAF, 4bar fuel program. About $800 for the upgrade.
This is what I was planning on doing and supposedly I can get up close to 300hp, what my goals are.

2) stay with 3bar program?, go with bigger injectors50lb, fuel rail, Cobra maf, and cams? $1200?

3) other options or opinions on the above? $$$?

let me know...taxes are coming back soon so this will happen pretty quickly.

MattB.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I'd say get the cobra MAF, and 4bar ecu. If got the cash.. then get the s3's.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
daveracer said:
#2 if you have the cash...do s3 cams, they are better with turbo

Have you tried both S3's and S4's with a turbo?

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
i'd go with the bigger injectors and maf if you want to run 12psi. that's too high to run safely with 370s, 4bar and cams

edit: let me clarify, cobra maf and 50lbs. and fuel pump of course!

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Yeah, you need to DEFINITELY go with the 50lb injectors and cobra maf on there. THe FMax stage 1 is bunk if you ask me. They should never offer the 370cc injectors with a T3 turbo, 4bar or not. If you go with the larger injectors and the cobra maf then you will be able to run 12 psi no problem.

Brent

·
Registered
744 Posts
Here is what I would do.. you should be bullet proof after this!

Upgrade to 72lb injectors @ 3 bar

Upgrade to Cobra MAF or Z32 MAF

Upgrade to FTF Fuel Rail

Upgrade to S3 cams.

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
Why do you guys say S3 cams are better?....when you race your car, you spend most of the time in the upper RPM range where S4 has the advantage over the S3 any day. I know couple of turbo sr20s who wish they would of got the S4s over the S3s ( I gave them a ride in my car =0P).
BTW...if you decide to get cams..get them from Andreas Miko (he'll hook you up).

Manny

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Basically cause the turbo gets you power in the upper RPM and the S3 will help more in lower RPM. It is a balancing act.

Brent

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not so concerned about where the power is at...I was just under the assumption that the S4's were better with turbo since the power is up high anyways.

I'm not concerned with power down low since when I'm down in the low RPM's it's because I'm just cruising around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts