SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard is it to transplant a sr20de into a sentra e model? i know they sported the 1.6 liter rather than the 2.0, but the engine compartment is the same size. are the mounts in the same position? i know a lot of people have done it, so how hard is it to do it? reason i ask is i have intentions of sr20de-ing (or det-ing) something, so i want to make sure it's done right...

as far as the e/xe models go, is the suspension setup 4 struts? are se-r parts interchangable? anything else that'd be helpful...

------------------

representing the plains with a slammed in door, but loud and fast, 1991 nissan sentra se-r, and now a sweet looking silver 1988 toyota celica gt-s with more show than go.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Monsoon:
how hard is it to transplant a sr20de into a sentra e model? i know they sported the 1.6 liter rather than the 2.0, but the engine compartment is the same size. are the mounts in the same position? i know a lot of people have done it, so how hard is it to do it? reason i ask is i have intentions of sr20de-ing (or det-ing) something, so i want to make sure it's done right...
</font>
Mounts are almost the same. Need some minor stuff though, and you need a new wiring harness. Check www.Sentra.Net. There is a ton of information regarding this. I considered a SR20 swap into a 93 Sentra XE for a time, but I never did it and instead just bought a 91 SE-R.

------------------
Jordan (Stormy)
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys (NI), KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
Registered
404 Posts
Suspension on 91-94 classics are the same E/Se-R, the se-r has beefier swap bars though, and of course bigger brakes. I did the swap on my XE none of the motor mounts are same, you will need the axels, ecu, complete harness, clutch cable bracket,alternator and a few other small things but all-in-all it is an easy swap.

------------------
92'xe/w-primera swap
Soon to be NOS fed

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey is that your sentra 1.6 featured on their site? i'm not sure on your last name, but i'm pretty damn sure storm.

http://www.sentra.net/solm/february99/sr20de.shtml

that article right there helped me a lot. if i ever do that conversion, i'm printing the stuff off so i know what i'm doing, lol.

------------------

representing the plains with a slammed in door, but loud and fast, 1991 nissan sentra se-r, and now a sweet looking silver 1988 toyota celica gt-s with more show than go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts