SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can guess I am from Blighty. There aren't really any active sites here for this car as yet (see replies below), which is why I find yours particularly interesting. As you are all know-doubt aware, in the UK we call this car the Primera GT - and here is mine:

------------------
You heard the man tubbs - get undressed.

[This message has been edited by geoff20 (edited 07-03-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip - I agree the Primeraweb site is looking really good. I look forward to its continued development.

Thanks.

------------------

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
That is a really nice looking ride. I really like the front end.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
yeah man the whole effect. The side markers and antenna are they original too?

I've seen a primera before but dont remember. If they looked like that in the US i think thhey would sell better

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wonder why there isn't more online support for the Primara, didn't it do extremly well in the British Touring Car Championship?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad you like the look. This car is completely standard body wise, including the side markers and antenna.

The smaller engined Primeras did not get the body kits and were considered a bit dull by some Brits - which is maybe why there is not such a strong following over here (Though I might be proved wrong yet now we have: http://primeraweb.co.uk).

Those in the know respect the GT for its great handling and strong engine.

I would like to do a few things to increase the power from 150BHP because I feel the chassis could easily handle the extra output. I will be looking at both sites for ideas.

------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a view of the back-end

Must get some decent alloys with low profile tyres. Ive seen some pretty tasty cars on this site - think the combination of low profile tyres and lowered suspension makes a big difference. What wheel size do you guys generally fit 17"? How much can you lower the suspension without ruining camber and eating tyres etc?

------------------

[This message has been edited by geoff20 (edited 07-05-2001).]

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The real problem with lowering the car isn't eating the tires, but ruining the handling. A lot of lowering springs on the market dump the car too much and the ride suffers because the car is bottoming out all the time. I think a 1" drop is probably the best compromise between looks and performance.

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
Do those cars come turboed? Is that one turbo? By the post saying sr20de, I dont think it is, but I thought the ones in the UK that were GT's were all turboed? Just curious.

Mark
97 SR20 SE-R (smurf blue)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No the GT's aren't turboed. The GT is just a bit more tuned than the other 2Ltr Primeras, the official figure is 150BHP for a stock GT.

------------------

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Tein makes great suspension products for the Primera. Also try Leda.com. Most of these will be coilover type suspension with adjustable ride height.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Geoff,

Give me a call on Monday morning. I have an HKS exhaust for the P11 GT. It has never been used because it has been on display.

Regards,

Gary
MIDDLEHURST MOTORSPORT (01744-26681)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If any one else is interested in the exhaust system, give Gary a call because I am not ready to fit this yet (expense, time, plus I just want a header to start with)

------------------

1 - 16 of 16 Posts