SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Anybody know off-hand how much just the underdrive crank pulley is worth (h.p.)??? I know the set is like 6hp peak or something... anyway, I had a crank pulley on a 5.0 once (in my younger days) and it was a GREAT add-on. It was one of the best things I did to that car (of course, it was $50 and added like 5 h.p., and I'm wondering if one will have the same effect on the SR20. Also, for those of you that have them, where did you get it (them)??? THANKS for any and all replies....
TOBY '93 NX 2k w/little stuff but wantin' more!!!

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NXDude:
Question: Anybody know off-hand how much just the underdrive crank pulley is worth (h.p.)??? I know the set is like 6hp peak or something... anyway, I had a crank pulley on a 5.0 once (in my younger days) and it was a GREAT add-on. It was one of the best things I did to that car (of course, it was $50 and added like 5 h.p., and I'm wondering if one will have the same effect on the SR20. Also, for those of you that have them, where did you get it (them)??? THANKS for any and all replies....
TOBY '93 NX 2k w/little stuff but wantin' more!!!
</font>

I don't know how much HP you really gain with the UR pulleys but you can get them from Courtesy Nissan for a good price. Just good luck trying to set your ignition timing correctly. My marks are like 5 degrees off from stock.

·
Registered
858 Posts
dude, it's about 4-6 hp with the crank and water pump pulleys for about 150 and up. the other 2 (altenator and power steering) give you another 2 hp for the same price but do you think 2 hp is worth 150? unless your car is an all out track car, you don't need the last 2. I put the Unorthodox crank and water pump pulley ss set and my opinions on them is, they feel like a k&n air filter and jw ecu in power. just a little kick in the pants performance but through out the whole power band! get the crank and wp pulley and you'll be happy in my opinion. plus it saves the wp in the long run on wear and tear. The install is easy and yo'll feel it from the get and on! worth it all the way. But the other 2 It's on you if you got it like that!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts