SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I recently installed Pro-Kits on my car and the wheel gaps are different. The front left is like 2 and 1/2 fingers, and the front right is like 4 (Approximations on both). I can't figure out why they are different. I was also hoping that the front gap and the rear gap would be the same also. Anyone else have the same wheel gap? Can someone tell me how to fix the different wheel gaps? The car has NOT been aligned yet, but I don't think it's gonna change that much, would it? (we have a digital camera so I can get pics real quick for you if you would like to seem it)

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R
PR CAI; ACT Disc & PP; ES MM; Pro-Kits; now raising funds for AGX's

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I've got the same problem and I have the stock suspension. A buddy of mine noticed it the other day. The back a little lower than the front. I'm wondering if its because the front is lifted up so much under hard acceleration. Any thoughts?

[This message has been edited by 97 Black SER (edited 01-07-2001).]

·
Registered
424 Posts
I believe its b/c the front fenders are cut a little higher than the rears. I have the sportlines on mine and the top of the rear tires are even with the fenders. The front however has about a half inch gap.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the back to front gap isn't that big of deal to me as the uneven left and right fronts. It's bugging the crap outta me!

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R

·
Registered
166 Posts
did you line the arrows up on the front struts pointing outward.and is the strut bearing locked in?front & rears springs in the correct place?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah the arrows are pointing the right directions to the best of my knowledge (almost 100% sure), but I will double check. that's the only way it went in to my best recollection. Front Spings are up front. This is gonna sound really retarded, but I debating with my bro if there was a right way up. He said that it's the best way it is seating in the mounting. And that it's a spring so it's gonna compress either way ( a decent synopsis of his argument) .By strut bearing locked in, are you referring to the nut at the end of ths strut shaft at the top of the assembly in the middle of the three mounting bolts in the engine bay? If you are then yes, those are tighten down. We just did some work on them and they are tight. I've had them on about 3 weeks now, 2 or 3. I figured that is settling was gonna take care of this then it would be done by now.
An idea just popped into my head so I'm thinking out loud. Is it possible that the front passanger shock is worn heavier than the driver side front shock, and that is why the passanger side is sitting lower?

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R

[This message has been edited by Toddles82 (edited 01-08-2001).]

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The uneven height is a problem for all of us. Try doing the sportlines and having three big ass subs in the back. Talk about uneven and looking funny. I guess the subs had to go cause the springs weren't!!! Damn Nissan ride height. I do have a write up about that on my site check it out
www.geocities.com/nyceser/the_drop.htm

------------------
Peter
97 200SX SE-R
www.geocities.com/nyceser

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not one that damaged the shock assembly...well wait....I did slid into a curb one time (gravel) and bent the control arm but I replaced it. Is it possible the shock was damaged also?

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R

T

·
0 Posts
My car has the same problem. I wish I saved up for coil overs. With those you can make it perfectly even.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
You say the left is lower, that be the driver's side? I could maybe see with yo ass outta the car that the driver's side might be higher and when there is 150-200lbs in the driver's seat it evens out. Maybe try having someone sit in the driver's seat and measure?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, Ben I am not that big. I weigh about 140. I'll try that tho. And to clear all confusion between what side was what - the front passenger is 2.5 fingers and the front driver is 3.5-4. The front driver took the impact in the wreck but had the control arm replaced, so I'll check it out.

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well for some reason the problem took care of itself. I checked it today in the school parking lot, 3 fingers both sides. The rubber piece that spring sits on that fits into the top metal mounting piece wasn't on the spring all the way, so we fixed that on Sun but I didn't think it would bring the passanger side up and the driver side down, but it did. All is well...for now....

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R

[This message has been edited by Toddles82 (edited 01-08-2001).]

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
sometimes the suspention needs to settle anyways. the shock might have been blown out though, but will have very little to do with ride height, just ride quality

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

1 - 14 of 14 Posts