SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through the winter edition of the Summit racing import catalog, and I noticed that Weapon R is marketing a fuel pressure riser for our beloved SR20DE. and the banner that prefaces the ad reads "Unleash an extra 7-10 horsepower" It claims to increase the pressure in your fuel system "for more power". Maybe it's me, but isn't that like overjetting a carburetor? For those of you who have no idea how that works, it's kinda along the same lines as changing to a different set of injectors when you "re-jet" it(like going from 19 lb to 24 lb injectors). But, if you overdo the jetting, all the carb will do is cause the engine to bog, or just run really rich. Wouldn't one of these fuel pressure regulators do the same thing unless you're running NOS, turbo or something? Does anyone have any experience with one of these on their SR20DE, or is this just BS? It just seems too good to be true to me....

·
Registered
466 Posts
Don't even wait your money on it. Since our cars use a hotwire MAF, we don't need an adjustable regulator. Stillen makes one(or just resells someone else's for double the money), and it was shown to do nothing, but cost money.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured, but not knowing some of what's out there for aftermarket on SE-R's, I had to ask.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Dude how bout those Venom short runner intake manifolds.. It would be cool to see those made for the SE-R.

Mike

·
Registered
858 Posts
I don't know about that cause when I put my stealin fuel pressure riser in, and set it at 43 psi which is seven psi more than stock, I felt a little bit more power but wasn't like an pri intake or anything.not worth the money unless you go turbo or nitrous IMHO. but think of it alittle here a little there makes a lot everywhere.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

[This message has been edited by redman007 (edited 03-07-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know, I wondered the same thing....why don't they make more intakes for the sr20de? I mean it's supposedly one of the better engines out there, and tp not have much of an aftermarket is a crime.

·
Registered
858 Posts
in Japan the cars of choice are the nissans ,mazda, and supras.honduhs aren't big out there. in japan the aftermarket is big but all we need now is a hookup for importing those parts out here.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
it works a little bit, if you are totally done with everything else, and want a little boost, go for it. I think it dynos something like 3 hp at the wheels.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chris:
You know, I wondered the same thing....why don't they make more intakes for the sr20de? I mean it's supposedly one of the better engines out there, and tp not have much of an aftermarket is a crime.</font>
Cuz, nobody knew what an SE-R could really do until a couple years ago. More companies notice it now, but the engine has just been replaced by the QR, so not many of them will do anything more for the sr20

------------------
Ryan Walsh...Hmmm, what should I buy with my $708 bucks from income tax returns?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts