SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I got some Unorthodox pullies, the two set.well i had them put in and my local shop told me that the A/C pully did not fit. He tells me it was 8/one thousands of an inch too small. is this considered way off? He had to put it on a machine and make the hole bigger...
They are on now and I really like the pull, even w/the A/C on. I also did the throttle cable adjustment. Much better.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
ahhh....

feed your mechanic a banana.

the UR pulleys do not come with a AC pulley there is no such thing. The AC pulley has a clutch on it.

The UR 2 pulley set comes with the water pump pulley and the crank pulley.

if you go to the passenger side of your engine bay and stand next to the wheel and look down.
the smallish pulley at the top to the right is the alternator pulley. (included in the 4 pulley set)
If you go directly below that, that is the AC pulley (no one makes pulleys for this).
if you move a bit to the left the pulley with 2 belts on it is the crank pulley. (included in the 2 pulley and 4 pulley set)
Now to the left of that a little higher up is the water pump pulley. (included in the 2 and 4 pulley set)
And the one to the furthest left is the power steering pulley (included in the 4 pulley set)

[This message has been edited by david (edited 08-15-2001).]

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
The same thing hapened to me. The w/p pulley was just a bit too snug. I took a dremel and enlarged the hole just a bit. No problem.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaddMatt:
The same thing hapened to me. The w/p pulley was just a bit too snug. I took a dremel and enlarged the hole just a bit. No problem.

</font>
There is no need to do that. Simply put the pully on adn tighten each bolt slowly until all the bolts are snug. Do not tighten one bolt all the way then move to the other. Tighten one bolt a bit, then move to the other and tighten a bit, then move to the other and so on.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry. The water pump pully is the one that was too small. He machined it on a lathe(?)
anywho thanks for the mecha of info. I can always depend on this great forum.
mz

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The same thing hapened to me. The w/p pulley was just a bit too snug. I took a dremel and enlarged the hole just a bit. No problem.</font>
I had to do this also. I tried to just walk it down with the bolts but it didn't work and I didn't want to wory about bending the arms on the water pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts