SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pic's... I still have to finish scrubbing my car with bleach to get the stains out..

This was after a quick pressure washing to get the grime and dirt/oil off of the steering rack and underneath the car..

Pulling the 208K mile KA24DE out.. This engine in stock trim still ran a 14.90 when I gutted the car out a few weeks ago. :) Not too shabby..

Just finished painting my valvecover. I used some special metal paint.. supposed to be a metallic looking color. It shows through to the metal.. It's cool, because the oxidation that I couldn't get out.. shows up as black underneath. So, it looks like a piece of Granite. Pretty cool... :) I spent a few hours wire brushing the alluminum pieces on the engine to get the oxidation off as best as I could.

Last weekend, I focused heavily on getting the engine bay taken care of.. as it was pretty nasty. I also drilled/tapped my block for the oil return fitting (This was a DE block originally so there was no hole), and finished the cams, oil pans and valve cover. Still waiting on my damn clutch.. so I can't put it in yet.. :( I got the mack daddy Spec Stage 5 setup. Cintered iron disc.. should be fun to drive on the street.. :p

There's the engine bay after a good pressure wash and degreasing. I ended up wet sanding the entire bay before painting/clear coating it.
Here's how it looks now..
I probably should have covered all of the holes up with Bondo, but I got lazy.. Oh well, it looks better than what it did before.
I drilled/tapped for all of my electromotive sensors today.. Got that over with..

Here's what it looks like in the car..

Travis

·
Registered
288 Posts
sickness.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was some cheap white paint my friend had... I didn't realy care.. ANYTHING looks better than what it was before. ;)

I always said that if I built another car for myself... it would be all or nothing. I realy want this one to come out nice..
Travis

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
J-Hot Exports in August, GA. I bought the entire swap complete for 550.00

Travis

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SR20 Inside said:
Just wondering why you chose a de over det? Besides getting the bigger turbo ;)
For the price I would have paid for a DET... I now have a fully built low compression DE with cams.

Travis

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Unlucky is damn lucky to have this setup.. i bet it's gonna be hella fast. i want a s13 as a next project car too.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This car will most likely be for sale after it's done.. ;) I'll entertain offers once it's complete.
Travis

·
Registered
317 Posts
very nice work travis, coming along nicely. do you have an estimate of when you will be done? i know you wanted to get it to that show or meet i can't remember. oh yea, definatly post some numbers!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I should have it done next week late... That'll give me a few weeks to break it in before I drive to Cali..

Travis

·
back in the game
491 Posts
Are you gonna put a pass. seat in?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
travis, you keep blowing my mind away with the work you do. i only wished i had the patience to clean a engine bay like you did. but i would get too frustrated trying to put it all back in where it came from.

i am beyond impressed once again.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the compliments... We spent the last 2 days sanding/prepping the outside of the car and painting it. This was the first time I painted a car.. and it came out realy nice! I had a few little mess ups.. but not enough to worry about. I went back with a metallic white paint.. nothing fancy. I'm going clear coat it today.. I'll post pics later.
Travis

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Oh no... Travis painting something?? Thats like asking him to get high on his own paint job... Sheesh, one thing in particular comes to mind... Greased Lightning and Aluminum Bell housing... :p

Cheers-
Erich

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.