SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
so i gotta ask, why should someone buy your setup vs. the setup kogan or shigspeed came up with? just curious.

nate

ps. a bit OT, but has anybody written up how to tune a car using those infernal AD's? that whole digressive bump curve/linear rebound curve has me a bit lost on two cars i'm trying to help sort with the owners. there is so little low speed rebound that i can't get the chassis to behave how i'd like with rebound, but anytime i add bump the low speed builds too fast and the handling goes to ****. i just wanna tell these guys to bite the bullet and spring for some logical dampers, but they've got too much $$$ involved already. any help would be appreciated.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
solo-x said:
so i gotta ask, why should someone buy your setup vs. the setup kogan or shigspeed came up with? just curious.

nate

ps. a bit OT, but has anybody written up how to tune a car using those infernal AD's? that whole digressive bump curve/linear rebound curve has me a bit lost on two cars i'm trying to help sort with the owners. there is so little low speed rebound that i can't get the chassis to behave how i'd like with rebound, but anytime i add bump the low speed builds too fast and the handling goes to ****. i just wanna tell these guys to bite the bullet and spring for some logical dampers, but they've got too much $$$ involved already. any help would be appreciated.
Mine works better than Kogens and about the same as shigspeed but made a little better and with more wheel clearance read the thread at the end of the link.

For your AD problems, it sounds like you got the rebound turned up too high on the AD's. The rebound adjusters affects the low speed rebound mostly and 1/4 of a turn is very feelable. There is quite a bit of low speed control avalible. Rebound is digressive as well unless you speced something else.

Either that or the shocks are valved wrong for the spring rates you are running and you have vastly too much rebound. Skipping like crazy with a little compression change is a sign of way too much rebound.

Too much rebound is the second major mistake people commonly do, number one is lowering the car too much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
choaderboy2 said:
For your AD problems, it sounds like you got the rebound turned up too high on the AD's. The rebound adjusters affects the low speed rebound mostly and 1/4 of a turn is very feelable. There is quite a bit of low speed control avalible. Rebound is digressive as well unless you speced something else.

Either that or the shocks are valved wrong for the spring rates you are running and you have vastly too much rebound. Skipping like crazy with a little compression change is a sign of way too much rebound.

Too much rebound is the second major mistake people commonly do, number one is lowering the car too much.
i'd like to see the dyno charts you get. the ones i have show linear rebound, hardly any adjustment range in low speed rebound, and digressive bump with a HUGE range of adjustment in low speed bump. standard valving, nothing custom yet.

nate
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
solo-x said:
i'd like to see the dyno charts you get. the ones i have show linear rebound, hardly any adjustment range in low speed rebound, and digressive bump with a HUGE range of adjustment in low speed bump. standard valving, nothing custom yet.

nate
what build spec are you getting?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
standard build for a bmw, focus, and i've also got a chart here for some standard build civic dampers. all show pretty much the same thing as far as curves are concerned. these guys are telling the AD guys that the car is going to be a race car... :shrug:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
solo-x said:
standard build for a bmw, focus, and i've also got a chart here for some standard build civic dampers. all show pretty much the same thing as far as curves are concerned. these guys are telling the AD guys that the car is going to be a race car... :shrug:
I have no idea what they spec for those cars.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top