SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Her 1st track day in 2017
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished up some new items on my NX, and I figured I would share some new pics. I'm not a very good photographer, so you guys will have to bear with me. It isn't the cleanest car on the forum, but it gets the job done - it did get a wash prior to the pics (you can see drops of water in a couple). :D

The short list of new items on the car:
1. New suspension: CSK's, GC's (380 front, 350 rear), Cusco plates in front, and Shig plates in rear. The ride height was set 1/2" lower all the way around than my Hyperco 2 setup that I had before - oh, and at this height the car should have stock suspension travel.

2. "Greg Amy Style" extended studs: ARP extended lug studs and open lug nuts. These were required to run my 15mm spacers for my K1's to fit over the BABK.

3. Kosei K1's: just for the street. I still have my Team Dynamics for the track.

4. A little rice: Predator CF hood formerly BornGearHead's.

Here is an old thread with info and pics about the car: Click

This was taken by another forum member the weekend before. More pics of our little cruise are here: Click

I've got a 2 day track event this coming weekend, and I'm getting excited to see how the car acts with the new suspension.

Be gentle. :rofl:

Josh

PS: for you money shot guys, there is one of those in the car cruise pics. You will just have to guess which one is my car.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Looks damn good, how do you like the suspsension?

C

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys. The car is somewhat a 10' car - looks good from 10' away, but little scratches when you get close. I want to replace the front lower spoiler also.

Looks damn good, how do you like the suspension?
So far, I like it. I have both Progress anti-sway bars and the LCA brace. My front bar is set on "soft" and my rear bar has one side on "soft" and the other on the middle. The car is pretty smooth over decent pavement. I think it rides pretty similar to the AGX/Hyperco 2 setup that I had - which doesn't sound like a big deal except the old setup had 300 front and 200 rear, so a nice increase in stiffness without any real compromise in ride quality. It is still stiff though....but I knew that when I was picking spring rates, and it isn't a DD.

Edit:
What suspension is on the car now?
See bullet point 1. ;)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
reading the title, I thought to myself, "another NX bit the dust"...It was not the case :squint: You sir, have a beautiful NX :biggthump

·
Fun Hater
509 Posts
Thanks guys. The car is somewhat a 10' car - looks good from 10' away, but little scratches when you get close. I want to replace the front lower spoiler also.

I feel ya on that one I always call mine the 50/50 car it looks good a 50mph or 50 feet away.The NX looks real nice though.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Looks great Josh.

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice! Where did you get the ARP extended lug studs and open lug nuts from?
I ordered my set from Summit. I think it was $65 shipped for enough to do all 4 corners. This is a GM thread pattern, but Greg Amy thought of it or posted it in the Road Racing section. I did a quick search, and I couldn't find the thread but there is one that discusses the knurl diameter, etc.

Look great, Josh. I think you should ditch the K1's and put the Team Dynamics back on :tongue:
Thanks, and I will put the TDs back on......Saturday morning. :rofl:

I've only had the K1's nearly a year, so I might as well use them. I bought these a couple weeks before buying the BABK from some guy. :)

·
Proud Italian
1,779 Posts
You know i like it. I think its the nicest SR in our immediate area. The wheels look good. Let me know a time you are going and me and my boy might tag along for the track day if you dont mind.

Gateway right? Is it BMW or PCA track day?

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
I look forward to further suspension review after track use.

Not hating the hood, not really digging it either. :dunno:

Minor aesthetics aside, I love it.

Kick-ass suspension, VE, BABK....bueno. :biggthump

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
if i didnt know you got the hood to try to reduce under hood temps...i would hate on ya ;) but as a race car...thats a dang nice one. too bad ill never be able to drive it...*** with the tops out i might...maybe.

i do need to make a trip to st.louis sometime just to come visit. its on the list for right after the first of the year

1 - 20 of 28 Posts