SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to upgrade my suspension as my next mod. From having read the archives here and at se-r.net, it seems that the recommended (not so wealthy man's) setup is Ground Control 300 lb. front/ 200 lb. rear coilovers, and KYB AGX dampners. As far as other opinions on spring rates, or tips into installing these (duct tape method being one), I could use a lot of suggestions. So let me know what you guys think. OH! BTW, what the hell is our stock spring rates?

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set)

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jason,

I would REALLY appreciate that. It would be great to get some help with these. I am gonna try to order them latest next Tuesday. I will let you know when I get them.

-saaby

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, where is a good place to get the AGX's cheapest. And the only place to order the GC coilovers is ofcourse GC right?

-saaby

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the website! $389 for all 4!
Now, does anyone know any online installation guides for ground controls? I have looked but couldn't find any...naji's site is for eibach installation and so are most of the others that I found. Thanks in advance,

-saaby

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
go through the mailing list archives:
http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/

search for:
duct tape
ground control installation
ground control noise

Anybody else who has done research have some tips on what to search for?

How different is installing coilovers vs installing prokits and AGX? I have done the PK/AGX and it was easy.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have helped do a GC/AGX install...and its really no more difficult then my AGX/Sportline install, just a couple extra parts. But do use the duct tape method, it helps, and if yer ever gonna autocross or do a track event. go stiffer and go with something like 350/275 or even 400/300, but just for driving around go with 325/250. I have ridden in a 400/300 setup, and of course its bouncier then normal, but it is defiantely something i can live with, even on the **** roads i have around here.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts