SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys what's new? Since I cna't find what I'm looking for I thought I would turn to the experts :) I'm looking for a pillar mount for my 97 200 so I can buy a oil guage, I have seen a pic of one but not sure how to contact that owner. Can anyone help me? I also just bought Unorthodox Ultra SS pullies, has anyone installed these? If so can I maybe get some pointers and tips? the 2 articles on the pullies on the page helped me out in getting familiar with where they go and such, but didn't really give any tips or ideas or how long it will take to put them on. Can anyone help me?? thanks Guys
-Brent

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
pullies. I have the two set (ahh, my first ever power mod). Boy does that seem like a long time ago.
Tips: Check the tension on the belts first so you know where to set it later. Just follow the directions and the order. Make sure you loosen (just slightly) the water pump pulley BEFORE you loosen the belts. You'll need a metric wrench (10mm?) or two, a socket wont fit. A 1 1/16" wrench. Have a friend step on the brqakes with the car in 5th gear to break the crank bolt free. USE A PULLEY PULLER. DO NOT DO IT ANY OTHER WAY.
Time: for a first timer, ~2 hr.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ok, ok, ok, here I go. they gen III integra (94+) pod will fit on our cars, I gots one. it is not a perfect fit, but works good. and hey, what do you know, easy to get too. and it you are anything like me, it will take you longer than two hours, and you will have a big dent in your door from where you kicked the living sh&t out of it. :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I really haven't kicked my car now, but I did a water pump on my 87 pulsar, and after about 3 hrs of getting all of the stuff off, I found out that you had to pull the timing chain off. took me a little longer that what I though :):):):):) (just a little clarification)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I like my stock double-din stereo, but then there's no place on the dash for switches/gauges/boost controllers/whatnot. Hmmmm....

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Ben, I'd like to keep the stock radio also.

I was thinking about removing the ashtray and relocating the 12V outlet and putting 2 or 3 gauges there. Now its not a great location if you need to monitor it while racing, but just for casual information it shouldn't be a bad spot. I haven't taken measurements yet to see about fit.
Hell, you could even pull out the cup holder and hide 'em when you park your car!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, here is a more straight on angle of the integra pod. fits pretty good imho.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for your help,... now all I have to do is go buy a Integra 95+ pod. Are those Auto Meter or another manufactuere?

·
Registered
466 Posts
A better option is a gauge pod that actually fits our cars. Thomas Reynolds is talking with a company to make complete A-pillar replacements with the pods built in. This would make the pods look like Nissan built the car that way. If you are interested, e-mail me and I'll pass his e-mail to those interested. These only fit B14 cars now, and I'm not sure when/if others will be included.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts