SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys have any idea? Because I found one on ebay, and I'm thinking about getting it, but it looks like lots of work....tryin to decide if its worth it.....how many of you guys got hard-top cars??

·
Registered
594 Posts
i thought all the us nx's all had t-tops.
some canadian ones had hard tops

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think MOST of them are....I'm just trying to get some numbers here....err....I WANT THE HARDTOP NX!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH....hehe...anyway....so do you guys know?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
All U.S. hardtop NX2000's were made in '91 and '92; T-tops were made standard on '93 NX2000's. I can't tell you the exact production number, but I can tell you that they are a rare find as most of them were bought up by SCCA club racers... argh!

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Is one of them Lee's? That's the only hardtop NX2000 I've seen in the US. I agree that they seem to be more common in Canada than the US.

Including my hardtop, I can think of 5 up here in Canada though.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Hardtops are lighter, more rigid, and stronger.

Often there's separation along the welded seam at the base of the apillar on NXen that have been driven hard. That's nothing to worry about on a hardtop NX, because they don't flex enough to cause damage like that.

That said, there are some days when I wish the top opened up, but hey, that's what convertables are for!

·
Registered
594 Posts
it was his car. and if im not mistaken, u are james?

·
Registered
407 Posts
There's one guy here in St. Louis, MO with a modded out hardtop NX...it's a 1992.
By the way, NX2K I like those wheels! What kind are they?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have a 1993 Hardtop NX 1600

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Subculture said:

Of course, you could just buy a "Classic". Prolly better for racing anyway. Lighter for sure. :D
<ducking>
No, acctually the NX's have a lower base weight than the SE-R's, and that was last time I looked at the T-TOP cars...so I'm sure the hard tops weigh even less...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Subculture said:
Are you sure? I was under the impression that the NX weighed at least 200lbs more than the Classic.

Anybody know for sure?
It's really hard to say... I had inquired about this a while back before I bought my NX. I searched through old magazine articles, old brochures... Quite a bit of conflicting info. NX2000's were listed anywhere between 2400lbs and 2600lbs depending on which magazine article or brochure you looked at. I even went as far as searching the SE-R list archives... Some listmembers had their NXen weighed, and it came to around 25-2600lbs. These cars weighed had T-tops, A/C, C/C... No ABS, no power windows/locks. Some of the more fully-loaded NXen came well over 2600lbs, if I remember correctly.

They are for sure not lighter than the Classics given the same standard/optional equipment on both cars.

Thomas: I mainly chose the NX because I couldn't find any non-sunroofed Classics in my area, or any Classic for that matter. Also, I wanted the car to be able to compete in both the SE-R Cup and in SCCA Improved Touring, but in IT, I cannot upgrade to the NX brakes on the Classic... So I chose the NX instead.

Hmm... Now that I think about it, it would have been really fun to take a 200SX SE-R and compete in SCCA Showroom Stock... heh!

--Andrew Phan

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You gotta remember here guys, we're talking about hardtop NX's...and the weight...not t-top NX's...and I got the weight diffrences off the NADA guide..so I tend to belive it....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts