SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SE-R when I GROW UP GT-R
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed a install on a jdm to usdm trany. I had heard it would not work but with a fsm and a little time I was able to convert the jdm to work with a usdm sr20 I feel great and so does my ride! Anyone else got to try this out, anyone need help let me know I will help were I can! I Got real lucky and got a JDM motor and Trany off Ebay for real cheap and all I needed was the trany so I have a Motor just waiting for all the goodies!

·
SE-R when I GROW UP GT-R
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jsentra said:
What did U have to change or what change? did U shifter change?

Okay here goes I donot have my fsm in front of me so termanology is not here!

First the trans was easy but very time consuming. The car was a right hand drive so the shifter cable and arm had to be reversed. The electronics were different and i converted them and the bell housing has a sensor that picks up the torque converter was not on the jdm so had to drill and tap for that sensor.

To change the shifter you must go inside the trans remove the vavle body and there it is 3 dowl pins remove it and reinstall usdm shifter arm. You need to remove the valve body to service the filter anyway.

The shifter send an electronic signal to the ecm so it knows which gear you are in that was different.

The torque converter sensor drill 1 hole 3/8 for the sensor and another 1 for the bolt the tap was a 6mm 1.00. The casting for the jdm bellhousing had the area there just was not machined. Might have done more but can't remember. If so I will post later.

·
Registered
415 Posts
yup turbo is everyday beating but with nos is only when u use it would it be getting licks
get an external oil cooler for either one

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
so do all jdm trannies have vlsd? I have one sitting in my garage, I have the dreaded 5th gear popout and am sick of it, have you noticed any difference in gear ratios? And was all you had to do to convert was from speedo cable to sensor?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts