SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since the Honda S2000 is a 2.0Liter engine.. i'd decide to check out its engine characteristic.

so i went out and found a dyno of a stock s2k, along with dyno of SE-R (plus intake) and superimposed the images... i went over the SER dyno so its more legible.

here's the result:

from a roll we are dead even with the honda.. we might even pull away for a little bit... but as soon as it hits 6000RPM our HP drops... VTEC steps in and keeps the Honda running.

we shift, slip back to lower hp range, honda continues to climb up to 190horses...

nice to know we can keep up around town (0-60) though

[This message has been edited by Limited Slip (edited 04-27-2001).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Add some JWT C3 cams, CAI, header, and JWT ECU and see how that graph changes...

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
Add some JWT C3 cams, CAI, header, and JWT ECU and see how that graph changes...

</font>
or, in your case, just throw a circular thing that spins and makes funny noises (aka turbo).

------------------
no pretty logo anymore. tripod deleted my account.

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
You can't really compare from a stop etc, since you're not taking into account the gearing, weight, etc, From a roll they should be very close, the se-r taking a lead to 30-40mph probably.... if launched well from a stop the s2k will drop the clutch at about 5-5.5k and when the tires hook it'll land right at 6k... that's how some guys manage a 1.9 60 ft apparently (I only got a 2.2 on my 14.1 run)

------------------
Brian
AIM: pdxs2000
91 se-r (fmax stg2 @ 1.1 bar)
00 s2000

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PDX S2000:
Where'd you find such an anemic s2000? =)

</font>
im not sure if that's stock... most of te ones i've foudn on the net got 195hp at the wheels... TOPS... just that one was the most legible for merging the two graphs...

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
I've been around a while here..

Many S2000's tend to dyno around 195-205.. I've seen quite a few between 205-210... could be the dyno they're on etc..? 195 would seem to be quite a lot of drivetrain loss...

It would be interesting to compare the charcteristics of an Fmax'd SR20 vs. the Comptech SC'd S2000...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts