SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Keeping It Real
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, how's it going? Anyways, I have noticed that I have a very crappy idle. It likes to sit at 750 RPM, then sometimes 1200 RPM, then as high as 1500 RPM when the car is completely warm. I was at a light a few days ago and I stepped on the brake pedal pretty hard and the idle dropped and the boost gauge started to go up. Typically, when I'm idling at like 1000-1200 RPM, the boost gauge reads 22-23 in-hg, and after I step on the brake hard, it goes up to 20 in-hg and starts to idle better.

Some added information. I know I have a recirc surge when I gas it up and let go of the gas pedal because of the hole that goes into the intake piping needs to be widened out. I don't think that has anything to do with what could be a vacuum leak somewhere. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hey Marvin, good to see your turbo project is completed.

It seems I always recommend this, with any type of idle fluctuations its best to always start with the base idle settings and timing. Also, what type of plugs are you using, and did you reground your maf sensor?

Chris

·
Keeping It Real
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Projnx2000 said:
Hey Marvin, good to see your turbo project is completed.

It seems I always recommend this, with any type of idle fluctuations its best to always start with the base idle settings and timing. Also, what type of plugs are you using, and did you reground your maf sensor?

Chris
Hey, thanks for your help man. I know we set base idle and timing right before I left the shop last Saturday. I'm using a set of NGK Copper Plugs, not sure right now what kind exactly. I don't think I regrounded my MAF sensor.

·
Keeping It Real
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, I rechecked base idle and moved it lower and now I don't seem to have a problem..yet. Thanks for your help Chris! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts