SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
-John-
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do you guys think a 91 NX2000 with 60K on the car, new tires, and almost as clean as new is worth?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
As much as you would be willing to pay for it. Some poeple pay $1000s of dollars for old baseball cards and stuff like that others wouldn't pay $5 for the same card.

If it were me and it was the exact car I wanted, and in perfect shape and from the South or West (no winter), and I had the money I might pay as much as $6000.

·
-John-
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is actually a buddy of mine he is really wanting something with an SR20. I've been looking for a classic with an auto(he said he doesnt want a stick...) and I found that NX yesterday with an auto for 2300 obo. I figured if he offered no more than 2K it would be a good deal....you guys think so?

·
Registered
493 Posts
It all depends on the body, how well it was maintained. When I got my NX I only paid 1700 bucks. But my a pillars were shot, body in bad shape... but the engine was a bull. So I got it. I mean with low miles that price sounds good.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Wow... new forumness... --Weird. Anyway, I paid 4500 for my NX--It was pretty clean. Interior's near perfect. Only 56k original (now 60k). There were the usual door dings.. The paint needed some work on the side skirts.. but now somehow my entire left side of my car is a magnet for dents and all sorts of trouble. Came with two sets of wheels - winter and summer- but the summer tires were near shot. Almost full bolt ons minus cams and ecu. No A/C, no T-tops. It was a pretty decent car until the winter and assholes that probably hate me but don't have balls to say anything to my face got a hold of it. SO THE POINT TO ALL OF THIS BS ^^^^ is that that is a good price.

·
-John-
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I only seem the car on the outside before and my buddy which checked it out first claimed it was a auto, it's a stick:) . The guy which may get the car is in love. Only problems I noticed was the headlight was taking in water(pooling inside)?? and only one ding(easy to remove) top of passenger door. The guy sellin it is VERY desperate and is willing to take MUCH less from the sound of it so I figured a 1700 or walk offer is what I may have him do. I'm going to try and test drive it this week as well and check the clutch out. Hopefully all goes well and my buddy can have the car in time for the ohio meet saturday. Thanks a lot for the help so far guys and if anyone knows the deal with the headlights or anything else I need to look out for it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
812 Posts
wow, that sounds like a good deal to me too... i got mine for much more than that, with 89k on it... in pretty good condtion.
hope everything turns out to be fine on it. Good luck

·
Registered
183 Posts
It sounds like the headlight assembly will need to replaced...just to let you know...this is a lot more work then it sounds. I had to do this on my nx. It involves taking off the wheel wells, to get at the bolts to take off the ground skirt (asuming you have one) and then taking off the front nose. Then you can replace the headlight. The extra headlight for mine came with my car when I bought it, but I think the receipt in it's box said that it was $170 from Nissan new. So, keep all this in mind when buying the car.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Maybe putting some silicon sealant somewhere leaky may work .. (?)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
sounds good, 3 yrs ago, I paid 4500 w/64k, nearly perfect. now 130k and a newer motor in it and still in good shape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts