SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i am getting excessive pressures in my valve cover. Could this be a PCV problem? It is causing oil to leak out around the cap and parts of the gasket. It seems to only happen when I am hard on the throttle and rev high. Any suggestions?

nathan

·
SSS
61 Posts
Have you recently removed ur valve cover?
Getting the gasket to sit perfectly can be challenging at times( it took me 3 removals and replacements to remove every single oil leak around my cover). also at the same time i replaced the PCV valve.

Maybe soak the PCV in some prepsol for a couple of hours to unblock it, and use some RTV around the gasket to seal it all up.

Dom

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I never took the valve cover off. I put a VE motor in about 6 months ago and installed it just how it came. Ill try soaking the PCV or maybe even a new one from the factory, they dont really cost that much. Here is a picture, i circled where the oil leaks at. thanks

nathan

·
Registered
495 Posts
replace the VC gasket and use Ultrablack permatex on the seal, that should take care of it and Torque the VC to the correct specs, not sure of the VE, but I could give you the SR ones, not sure if that will help.

·
Registered
596 Posts
It doesn't seem likes it's just the valve cover gasket though. Nathan circled the PCV valve outlet as well as the outlet diagonal to the PCV. Change the PCV out and check to see if the bottom right tube clamp is tight/secure. Use RTV on the valve cover gasket and PCV as well for good measure. Make sure you don't have too much oil in there either. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts