SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K, I'm helping rebuild my buds sr20de that he got from Nippon. It has flat top pistons so I think it might be the 10:1 compression engine but am not to sure(experts chime in please). The problem lies in new valve guides for the exhaust valves. The ones that he bought are off by about .030". I have learned that 240 sx valve guides fit. Do they work alright? He overbored the cyliders and is going to use 11:1 pistons so we don't wanna bone this up. Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
matt

·
Registered
55 Posts
are the guides in that bad of shape? i'm doing a 10:1 rebuild also but my guides are just fine. just had to learn that i needed ka24de valve stem seals thanks to andreas and justin.

·
I like the boost!
419 Posts
mdhimes said:
K, I'm helping rebuild my buds sr20de that he got from Nippon. It has flat top pistons so I think it might be the 10:1 compression engine but am not to sure(experts chime in please). The problem lies in new valve guides for the exhaust valves. The ones that he bought are off by about .030". I have learned that 240 sx valve guides fit. Do they work alright? He overbored the cyliders and is going to use 11:1 pistons so we don't wanna bone this up. Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
matt
If the exhaust valves are bigger you do indeed have a 10:1 motor. The guides should be fine, but if you must the 240sx guides work with some minor fitting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a bunch for the info guys, it is greatly appreciated. Especially the bit about the valve stem seals! We had a feeling that the compression was 10:1 but didn't have a clue that the valves would be different. Trial and error isn't the best way to go but what ever gets it done.

mdh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts