SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please answer this by tonite if you can, theres a long story behind this but basically the coating for one of my valves is worn away and so the valve has worn. the mechanic says i cant drive it hard anymore, like take it really easy on it, and if i do just once itll blow the motor. is there anything i can do about the valve, like replace it or something and if so how much? i need to do somethin about this i cant drive it slow forever!

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
What valve, what coating?
As far as I know... the valves in the cylinder head have no "coating" and .. I don't get that..
I can't think of any valve that has a coating that would make the motor blow if ya drove the car hard...

need more info!
later
david lau

·
Registered
858 Posts
word. no coating but if the valve isn't seating right and is not making a good seal during the compression stroke then you'll have to fix it and yes you can do a valve job to all the valves but it'll cost you from 600- 1200 bucks to rebuild the heads.pretty hard to fix just one valve and be in sync.
but yo could run it .the only thing that would happen is you'll leave a tril of smoke behind .if your car is smoking bad then get a j-spec motor for about 600 bucks.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am, after some debate i'll be gettin a jdm motor with less than 30k miles on it and installed for 1800. is that a good price?

·
Registered
858 Posts
too much 1300 bucks tops. the engine is no more than 650.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts