SR20 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
So what was the verdict with the 4CW crank and road racing? I read through most of this thread. Good stuff.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
There are guys with blown ve's around here. Probably could pick up a ve crank cheap. Also the RR motors have 4 cw cranks.

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
What I want to see is some person whom really believes in the 4cw cranks take ont to a machine shop and have it balanced and put it in a balanced/blueprinted setup. I think if the 4cw's are balanced you may be able to hit 9k smoothly but whom will invest in a 4cw so we can whitness it's potential?
I had a stock sr20ve with cams /valve springs reving to 9200 rpm's for 2-3 years now.The crank has never been balanced /blueprinted ect,Its still running with current owner.Currently its reved to 9500 rpm's knock on wood..This is with a stock 4cw!Im not saying go ahead and do what I do but its possible.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Next year, hopefully, I will be able to afford to build an SR16 that will hopefully rev all the way to 11k rpm.

That should be the ultimate test for the crank.

I will probably be getting in touch with SR20Turbofreak for all the custom stuffs needed for this project :)

·
El Amansa Honda
538 Posts
there are guys in japan that do that already. 94mm bore, 68.9mm stroke 2.0L high reving motor. they take em to 11-12,000rpm road racing.

the piston speeds at 11,000rpm on a 1.6L crank are less than us at 9500.
With what cams.Do you know how much whp are they probably putting down.

·
Registered
83 Posts
In the n1 brochurs it says that they balanced the crank or some part of the bottome end. Has anyone looked at a n1 crank to see what they did?
I dont want to pull mine apart just to see that....

Im not saying that it would rev to 12,000rpm or anything like that but it must of been pretty safe to 9000rpm for the all the n1 race cars that were running....

Can someone list the parts required to rev an actual n1 engine to 11,000rpm?

I gather the valve train would be the first thing. what springs and retainers? Would the factory titanium retainers be enough at 11 grams?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Iv been thinking about my goal for me VE.....9krpm making power that high. Is it possible with N1 cams S/R light flywheel I/H/E light pullies on a SR20VE?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Iv been thinking about my goal for me VE.....9krpm making power that high. Is it possible with N1 cams S/R light flywheel I/H/E light pullies on a SR20VE?
i dont think so, take a look at andreas's project, pretty much all the stuff that is listed in your list, power falls of well before 9000 rpm.. maybe he or charles dundon, or mike k. can give you a better answer...not saying they are the only ones with expierence on this.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts