SR20 Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
We've had SR16VE's revving to about 8700rpm safely, there's no power beyond that though. They're surprisingly smooth at that rpm, much moreso than the 20VE, I'm picking it's because the cranks are that much better balanced from factory. They are, after all, built to rev!

·
9k rpm crew
348 Posts

I wish i had the Dyno graph for this run. This is the data log from my Zeitonix wide band. We thought we went to 9300, but it actually went to 9650. This run was done about 2 weeks ago. I have been driving the sh**t out if it since and still pulling strong. I am reving to 9000 rpm just to be safe.

Frankiln S4 and Charles Springs.
Fidanza Flywheel, crank and water pump pullies
20V header and 3" cat back
The rest is stock

·
Registered
128 Posts
I wish i had the Dyno graph for this run. This is the data log from my Zeitonix wide band. We thought we went to 9300, but it actually went to 9650. This run was done about 2 weeks ago. I have been driving the sh**t out if it since and still pulling strong. I am reving to 9000 rpm just to be safe.

Frankiln S4 and Charles Springs.
Fidanza Flywheel, crank and water pump pullies
20V header and 3" cat back
The rest is stock
How are you liking the drivability of the FS4's?
You must just about be ready to head back to the dyno with those new pretty cam gears :)

Nick

·
P10 pro
545 Posts
Here's a list of the people who been over 9,000rpm with 4 counterweight crank.

Amdeman, Kesi, Ivanx, and myself.

The engine does not blow up when you rev it that high, just more highly stressed.

·
9k rpm crew
348 Posts
How are you liking the drivability of the FS4's?
You must just about be ready to head back to the dyno with those new pretty cam gears :)

Nick
For some reason the FS4 feel kind of like the 16VE cams on Yellow4g63 NX before it switches to hi cams. After that it pulls hard. Yellow and I went for a few freway runs yesterday and I left him behind every time. iam waiting for my resonanted test pipe to be done to dyno again.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well I did it for a year, well, 8600rpm. My bearings are still shiny and pretty looking when I pulled the engine apart...

·
Registered
346 Posts

The engine does not blow up when you rev it that high, just more highly stressed.
Come ON guys...
Let's NOT anger the 'God of the SR's'! ;)

That's sounding like Blasphemy.

·
getting close
2,002 Posts
So do all the sr20ve's have the 8cw crank? Also is it just some of the sr16ve's that have the 4cw crank? Does the n1 engine have a 4cw or 8cw crank?

I am just trying do decide if i should buy the 1.6 or the 2.0 vvl engine for my nx.

Also i have a crank scraper and windage tray for the 8cw de should i use this on the vvl engine when i get it? This is the one i have its an ishara johnson one.

Thanks,Jon

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts

I have taken my VE well over 9,000 rpm's while doing some testing many times. I did this with a custom made cams (by Turbofreak) and with SR16 cams. My motor is fine. I am not saying I will do this all the time but, if anyone is scared because they think the motor will go this is not true.

·
seen the light
374 Posts
I can add another 4 cw SR20VE that's done a fair bit of high rpm track work still revving reliably to 8500rpm after 18months with SR16cams stock springs & 105 thousand miles on it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I hate the 4 CWC.

Now the 4 CWC has its advatages. 1) being it is 7 pounds lighter than the 8 CWC, great for faster revs 2) Since there is 4 less counterweights there is some more gain in HP as there is less oil smacking up against the crank.

Here are the facts any high reving 4 piston motor you can find will be fully 8 CW.

Nissans early SR16VEs were 4 CWC, this was done in the first 2 year models, after that Nissan switched back to the 8 CWC. I am sure they saw something they did not like. Yes they are building these motors to last 150,000 plus miles so to them it maters, As for many guys on the forum who might pull down a motor every 25,000 miles to refresh it there might not be a problem.

If you go over on G20.net you will find alot of guys that have the P11 roller rocker motor cars have had a higher rate of engine failure vs the older motors. They alwas die fo rod knock

As for me I will stick with the 8 CWC and have Golden Eagle knife edge my 8 CWC to loose some weight, which should be about 7-8 pounds.

These are my opinions and dont hold them as fact. The only fact is Nissan switching from 4 to 8 CWC on the SR16VEs.
Will p12 crank work with p11 sr20ve .
Is it just the gtir that wouldn't work
Thanks just

141 - 156 of 156 Posts