SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Here's my dyno.

Darker line is first run with cams switching at 5000rpms.
Thinner line is second run wiht cams switching at 4700rpms.

Here's my set-up.

97 B14 SE-R
SR20VE Motor
SR20VE cams
HS Gen 6 Header 3" outlet replaced with 2.5" flange
Stock Cat
2.5" VRS Catback
Greddy MSS switching cams at 4700 i/e
stock fuel pump
stock fpr
JWT ECU
JWT POP intake w/ stock intake pipe
ign timing at 15 deg
tps at .5 closed /4.2 open
B13 MAFS
VE Injectors
Thats all I can remember for now. I can't help but think i'm down about 10whp or so. Any ideas, comments, as to where I can find this hp?

BTW why does my torque line look like titties? What's causing it to look like that rather than a smooth line?

Also, i'm gettin some bad gas mileage, i'll be lucky to get 200miles to this tank.

·
Air Force SE-R freak!!!!!
2,025 Posts
Your numbers do seem to be lower then most with the same or close to setup.
I'm sure someone will chime in saying the your JWT ECU sucks. I'm not saying it is.
Theres no way the stock cat and 2.5" catback are holding back that much power.
WHat kind of intake are you using (WAI or CAI, brand)???
WHat kind of MAF are you using?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! Yea I'm already well aware of the JWT ECU issues that some have had. I get the same stutter just under 3000rpms when cold but other than that, it's all good! Except for the 7200rpm redline! ugh.

BTW, updated the mods list (b13 mafs and stock intake pipe with jwt pop on the end)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dunno, i assumed they'd leave the 7800rpm rev limit that was on the previous program, but i guess you have to ask for that again when you get it reprogrammed.

·
VE-T tester
1,146 Posts
I pulled 169 wheel, uncorrected at 3500ft elevation. SSAC header and stock everything else. But I had a high flow air filter/ pop charger kinda thing.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
To get to 180-185 WHP

go with

3 inch exhaust
no cat
Maxima or VE 3 inch MAF.

·
VE-T tester
1,146 Posts
yes, and I forgot, VE maf. I had a VE maf too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, I was under the impression that I should be in the 180's for whp.

Ric, haha, been a long time! my car sat for 2 years! I finally had the time to finish the swap, just got it running a couple weeks ago! I'll play with the tps to see what that does for me, but right now the car feels pretty strong! Oh yea, the AFR was measured with a tailpipe sniffer.

·
VE-T tester
1,146 Posts
play with your timing a bit to find the sweet spot. you can gain as much as 5whp just by tuning it and finding the sweet spot. I got 4whp from setting it to 19 btdc but every engine is different.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha, what's up Dan! I've been lurking, just never had anything to post about in the past couple years.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just gassed up. 16mpg... lol at 3.55/gallon this is killin me!

Pulled spark plugs yesterday and they look normal.

I do have a coolant temp sensor(one wire sensor?) that's about to fall apart though. Does that play a role in gas mileage/ hp?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts