SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the only concern I have using the stock VE ECU is the fact that auto trannies were bolted on to the majority of these motors. Not sure if bolting on a manual tranny would be detremental to a VE ECU but I suspect the fuel and ignition mapping is different. Can anyone substantiate this. I want to weigh all my options before I start the swap process.

·
Retired VE Owner
548 Posts
Jim,

So what is JWT programming for you as a VE ecu? Ben told me that the cams on a stock VE changeover into VVL 300rpm apart but since they (JWT) only want to have to use one switch on the daughterboard they were going to program the ECU to switchover the cams at the same time at 150rpm in between the original exhaust and intake cam switchover to VVL.

Andreas told me this is a load of crap and that he is going to talk to JWT before I send my ECU to insure they run a program that switches the intake and exhaust cams over individually.

What have you been told?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CNibbana said:
So what is JWT programming for you as a VE ecu? Ben told me that the cams on a stock VE changeover into VVL 300rpm apart but since they (JWT) only want to have to use one switch on the daughterboard they were going to program the ECU to switchover the cams at the same time at 150rpm in between the original exhaust and intake cam switchover to VVL.

Andreas told me this is a load of crap and that he is going to talk to JWT before I send my ECU to insure they run a program that switches the intake and exhaust cams over individually.

What have you been told?
I was told for an extra fee JWT could program the asynchronis cam switch just like the VE ECU. I just got off the phone with Andreas and he aksed me to wait till he speaks with JWT before sending my ECU. I suspect it's for the same reason.

Whatever the case may be, I trust Andreas and his knowledge of the motor. I'll do what he thinks is right and wait for the green light to send my ECU.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Mindset said:
If you can use an automatic G20 ECU on a manual SE-R, im hoping we could use the VE ECU on a manual tranny.

I was also thinking what if we use the ecu from the N1 or the SR16VE?
I'll bet you will have the same problem as a auto G20 ECU in a manual car: SES light. The ECU is looking for the transmission computer and causes a light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts