SR20 Forum banner

241 - 256 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
96 200sx sr20ve with sds fuel management stock block with n1 cams -n1 intake 3" throtle body -t70 garret turbo -3" inch exhoust - 12 psi -50 shoot of nitrous to spool turbo - and slicks 1.8 60' -12.1 -116mph.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Before anyone takes a shot at me for my opinions i DON'T own a Honda.
I used to own a Honda.
I now own a SSSZ SR20VE Bluebird.

Ive read through a bit of this thread (last 1/2) and a few people seems to be comparing the Honda engines to the VE engines.
Its not because the Honda boys throw more money at there cars its simply because Honda put so so much time effort and money into making a fantastic engine in the first place.
For starters the K20A is far far beyond even the SR20VE 20V engine its like comparing apples with oranges.
Honda have been building fantastic NA engines for years and nothing Nissan offers stacks up (with exception of the N1 SR16VE). It might be more fair to compare a B16A or B18C to a SR20VE engine.
At B18CR engine intake mods and 3/4 stock exhaust transplanted into a EX civic will run 13.6s all day long with semi slicks (ive seen it done more than once)

Don't get me wrong the VE engines are fantastic engines and as i said i own one now and plan to own another soon.
I know this is a bit off topic its just i have noticed people comparing the engines and times alot to the Honda engines and its an area that i have had quite a bit to do with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
you almost ran what manuel runs at track on youtube his car fast n/a if u do decide to watch the video watch the first video that pops up of the gauge its called manuel vvl at track he runs 12.5 at like 103 or somethin like that

·
Registered
6 Posts
i got sr20ve motor swapped into my 1996 nissan 200sx b14 ser still never drove it no fire sendin the harness to andreas miko monday i know stock i ot around 187 horse power with 137 ft pounds of torque
car weihgs in at 2300 with me in it it weights only 2460

·
Registered
6 Posts
one question is vvl sr2ove better then a k20 for example put k20 in a coupe i think ex and put sr20ve in a b14 96 200sx ser body with full interior then who would win i own a b14 with sr20 ve in it so im strickly a nissan fan lmao

·
Registered
6 Posts
oh yeah i fiured but ive seen so many races of the vvl over takin the k20 but i know whats up with newer technology its better can a gsr stand up to vvl

·
Registered
14 Posts
absoulty not i have a nx2000 with a ve and *** minor stuff like i/h/e and emanced tuned i also have 3 subs in the back and i walked away from a hatch with gsr in it

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts

absoulty not i have a nx2000 with a ve and *** minor stuff like i/h/e and emanced tuned i also have 3 subs in the back and i walked away from a hatch with gsr in it
Your point is.......

·
Registered
9 Posts
its more about platform and gearing than engine. the k20 is ok but gearing and the traction of honda platforms are pretty good. a VE in a b13 without slicks is a joke. the VE b13 my brother drives just wont hook up. he runs 15.0 with ebay I/H/2.5" ehaust in a full interior B13 SE 205/40/16. I run 14.6 in my accord. but from a 30mph 2nd gear roll i cant shake him. the mph says it all between the two in the 1/4.
B13 sr20ve 158whp superflow [email protected]
CB7 f22a1 164whp superflow [email protected](now makes 175whp)

·
Registered
27 Posts
B13 4door
Stock sr20ve
Stock headers
Blitz filter
Stock ve ecu rechipped - atuned
Sr16 tranny
Dyno : n/a street tuned

60ft : 2.3s
Et: 14.3s