SR20 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 256 Posts

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
Advantages of using the CVT are:
Car is constantly on boost due to the throttle remaining open while changing gears, no 'down time' or boost lag, the BOV does not even vent.
Electronic Throttle, Electronic Boost Controller, NEO VVL and CVT work in combination to keep the motor on boost when required but allows really good fuel economy at the same time.
No kick of wheelspin as the car shifts gears(like with manual or autos) so able to keep it in a straight line much easier.
Also has ATTESSA so grip is fantastic and makes it perfect for offroad driving.

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,743 Posts
I got a few more runs in this past weekend. Same deal, I went on my little slicks. But after the first run, I found one of them completely flat! D'oh! That run I pulled a [email protected] :( So I put the 15s back on, and ran a few more times. Took a couple of tries to bring the time down. First time around was a [email protected], then a [email protected] (shifted early into 3rd). then last run I decied to pull a few heavy items out of the trunk (spare, slicks, and tool box) and I managed a [email protected] I'm hoping to go back in a few weeks, hopefully with some new slicks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good day gentlement and ladies (if any ve owners out there). Has anyone turbocharged their sr20ve yet? I want to. I have the stock computer. Do i have to chane it? DET pistons maybe? How much boost can run? Any tips would be appreciated.

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
Seacrh VE+T for info on turbocharging the SR20VE. A few people have already done this conversion. There is already a thread going on this topic

The factory SR20VET produced 206Kw.

·
GTI-R Powered???
874 Posts

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
The temp at the track was 81 degrees

---------1st run-------------2nd run---------

R/t--------.417---------------.536-----------
60 FT-----2.145-------------2.127-----------
330-------5.838-------------5.788-----------
1/8-------8.848-------------8.784-----------
MPH------81.75-------------82.18-----------
1000-----11.436------------11.364----------

1/4------13.652------------13.576----------

MPH-----101.47------------101.72----------

·
Registered
170 Posts
just a question

considerin that i am new to this and is young and deciding weather wat i should do.. cause as of right now my 92 sentra was jacked...and my sr20de was replaced with a ga16... but i was wonderin before i make a move to buy my new motor... does an sr16 ve fit with the ga16 tranny???

·
BAD FKR
352 Posts
For the question above, this was not the place for it.

However, to answer your question. No, the sr16 ve mtr will not work with the ga16 tranny. I hope you still have the DE tranny.

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Took my car to the 1/8th mile after I got of work. Only got to make 3 passes. 1 good the others not so good lol.

2.25 60'
9.895 1/8th
76.77 MPH

SR20VE, Stock VE header, 2.25 cat to 2.5 VRgey exhaust. Fidenza flywheel, Warm air intake. Need more practice, I haven't lauched a FWD car in a long time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey im curious to know what would be a better off, currently i have 500 bucks. I swaped a sr20ve into my 200sx 97 the only thing that i have in my car is the engine and i havent done any mods. would it be better to buy a fujitsubo header or reprogram my sr20de ECU with JWT? what can i do first? Also my check engine light is on which piss my off but i think i got used to it

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
1. Get the header.
2. Check in to the Calum reprogrammable ECU option as an alternative to the JWT(Search the Forum for info on this).

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey billc thxs man, i guess i would do that. so can i fix the engine light problem? would it be fixed if the ECU is reprogrammable?

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey good news i've decided to buy the vvl header because currently im using the DE header. I wonder how much horse power im losing with the DE header and how much will i gain once i replace the header into my sr20ve engine? Who can tell me?

·
Registered
513 Posts
what times have most people gotten in the 1/4 mile with around 170WHP and 130TQ on slicks?I know that with 143WHP i got around 14.8.thanks

·
Criminology
1,931 Posts
14.9 @93mph opps sorry this is for ve's only. I only have a de

·
Registered
824 Posts
so what's the avg b14 quarter times with a vvl swap carrying i/h/e and hp figures?

121 - 140 of 256 Posts