SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SR20
635 Posts
just a thought. which one is lighter and heavier? I just bought an nx also and would like to swap the ve in (in the near future) and was wondering bout the weight difference among the sr20 powered vehicles.

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
depends who you ask, but i believe the se-r is about 2500 and the nx2000 is about 2650. i could be wrong on this. best way to tell is weigh them in!

·
yup
1,208 Posts
the real question is why are you doing the ve swap, is it for road racing? drag? auto-x? shits and giggles? that would effect your desicion along with what car is your daily driver and such.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
^^^^^^^ The Man has a point I'd say go with the lighter car for the VE the Boost you could always turn up to up the power, so whatever car is boosted won't suffer from power disadvantages. The VE has a cap on its power output I say put it into the lighter car.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
If it were me I'd sell one and get an s13 to turbo, for rear wheel drive. Which one to keep would definitely be a dilema though.

However, that wasn't your question. Are you goint to buy a whole new engine for turbo or just put one on. If you are going to add a turbo that would be easy-- the one with less miles/ better engine

·
Registered
129 Posts
put it in a g20(p10) man.. good sleeper.. thats what im goin to do in a couple months.. great for autocross.. it has a great suspension.. and by the way its a total sleeper!

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Good sleeper? I don't get the points of being 'sleeper' anymore. With all the civic race idiots out there...seriously, everyone will still race you. Racing got to big. Being sleeper is a thing of the past.

Besides, I still think the NX is the biggest 'sleeper' of them all. Everyone thinks someone with a wierd looking egg like object, it must be some poor ricer that bought the car for $100 bucks and 12 pack of beer.

·
Infiniti Parts Guy
979 Posts
If you drop it in a P10, no one will even look twice at the car. It takes wheels and all sorts of other stuff to make people even look at the car. I pretty much NEVER have anyone try and race me. Occasionally someone will rev on me, but i think it's just because they're dumb and will race anyone that has anything done or showing (wheels, etc..)
My car has a 3" rear section (so you can hear the modified exhaust - but it's really not that loud), it's lowered, dark wheels on a white car (i have gunmetal and a set of bronze wheels), customized plate, etc... so it's clearly not stock, but I never have people rev on me.

Sleepers are not something of the past, they may just be getting better and you haven't noticed ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.