SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright... talked to Miko and unfortunately hes busy right now so i wont be taking my ride to him.... Imma still buy parts from him including the VE but now i need someone to install. Does Jay Whitley do VE installs? I need to get it in before this money burns a hole in my pocket, or worse, the wife gets ahold of it.

I always feel wierd calling these guys.... i feel like im bothering them. thats why i asked about Jay whitley here.

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Contact Street Legal Imports and talk to Lance. He can hook you up! Tell him Rob his boy sent ya! Andreas and many other forum members can vouch for him he knows his ****!

The # is (305) 652-1240

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Let Jay do it. You won't be disappointed.

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
C'mon, Grant... why drive all the way down to Miami when Jay can do the job at least as well? Maybe you don't remember, but Jay, when I first met him, built a Sylvia... down to the smallest detail.

Doing a swap should be easy for him, he's done enough of them.

Take your wife to dinner with the money you'd save on gas going to Miami.

Peace Out,
Mark

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vladha said:
Take your wife to dinner with the money you'd save on gas going to Miami.

Peace Out,
Mark
haha.... yeah. I guess i should. I just dont know if he knows VE's and how busy he is. I guess i will call him. i just hate to call all these guys cause i know they are already sooooooooooo swamped with calls. Im serious with the money, but i still feel like another asshole calling to ask about something that wont happen. I will give Jay a ring.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright... i sucked it up and called jay today. hes gonna do it! Im good.... and as always great help from both miko and jay.

·
You got SERVE'd
113 Posts
Ya, Jay is just about to start my VE into my 200sx, so get in line ;-)

But it will still be a few weeks till he can get to mine. What a busy man.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
nak1 said:
alright... i sucked it up and called jay today. hes gonna do it! Im good.... and as always great help from both miko and jay.
Here is your parts list or how I think it should be done.

Get

1. 95-97 comp
2. 98 Manual Wire Harness
3. 95-97 Trans
4. Axles from 91-97 SER
5. Flywheel and Flywheel bolts
6. Clutch
7. shift linkage
8. Pedal assembly
8. Bracket for manual trans where mount goes and shiftlinkage pivot
9. Driver side Passenger mount
10. Manual crossmember
11. Front Mount

See what Jay has first if he does not have some stuff call me or Jay will call and we will go from there.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jay says he has all the parts for the tranny swap cause he has a part car. As for the rest... im sure one of the two of us will be calling you. thanks for the help!

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
nak1 said:
jay says he has all the parts for the tranny swap cause he has a part car. As for the rest... im sure one of the two of us will be calling you. thanks for the help!
Glad to see everything worked out! Jay should give me some commission for the amount of people I've sent his way :D

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im super excited......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts