SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· The Super Mechanic
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its only 1/2 inch thick. If anything they would increase torque. But I dont think its gonna make a difference. They would be $50. I actually have ten made.

· Just LTrain Again..
1,491 Posts
exxd said:
To me it would be a pain to take the manifold off and find someone that can TIG weld it shut. A few mins for a direct port setup sounds sweet to me!
I am interested. Looks sweet!

-Linus

· Jah Rastafari
8,552 Posts
exxd said:
To me it would be a pain to take the manifold off and find someone that can TIG weld it shut. A few mins for a direct port setup sounds sweet to me!
NOS and some nut and bolt stores have threaded plugs that fit in these holes. They can be bought for $4 or so for a set of 4. This would take no more than 5 mins to plug up these holes plus you would not need to take the manifold of.

The plate is very nice pc.

· The Super Mechanic
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is 4 bolts difficult to take the manifold off. seems pretty simple to me. the only tough part would be to change the 2 studs. vise grips anybody. I will check on a price for new bolts, studs and a gasket. I want to make it as easy as possible. I will be installing this on the car today.

· Registered
2,659 Posts
dam dam dam. :eek2: ......I was just talkin to NxSpainiard about making the same peice........ lookin for something to do while I wait for my engine........

:biggthump looks top notch brudda :biggthump

· SE-R BUM
1,026 Posts
that is real nice... cant wait to see the whole thing hooked up on your car

· Registered
198 Posts
hmm
would these work for the SR20 motors too? i was thinking about running a small nitrous setup (MAYBE 25shot) to helpo spool the turbo and give me a little extra oomph...but im not running a VE, and, im not sure if a highport intake manifold would clear the hood with an extra half inch added to it.

dont suppose you'd be willing to adapt it / share some design ideas for an SR20DET version of this?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.