SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a new owner of a 94 SE-R with a SR20VE engine... Its has the MSD RPM switches, JWT ECU and POP charger, pullies and a 2.5" exhaust. I just purchased the car from my brother who did the swap himself. I used to own a 92 SE-R with bolt-ons until I wrecked it. I have to admit that the VE power is significantly better.:biggthump

It seems like most people on here are just running bolt-ons. My question is what are the limits of the VE engine... Has anyone built the internals, done head work or anything? If money were no concern how would anyone on here mod the VE engine.. turbo or NA?

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
If money were no object I'd buy a 1997 911 Turbo and call it a day.

/smartypants out

·
Turbo-VVL finally
780 Posts
Money no object...... built det block..... ve head... GT37.. aem ems... ... ...
Nah screw that , if money where no concern I wouldn't be screwin' with this sentra.

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
i guess you could say im doing a few things most people havent done. first it will be a de/ve hybrid. im sending the ve head out to be ported and polished with a 3 angle valve job. i will slap on a n1 intake mani wich i will have extrude honed, n1 tb. n1 thermo block spacers. other than that just basic bolt ons, mossy headers when they drop and jwt cams when they drop. crank gurdel/scraper and a sr16ve tranny. really other than increasing the compression to say a 12:1 what else is left to do. there arent that many aftermarket items.
as far as your current set up goes id say you will gain a big whp increase by switching to a 3 inch exhaust. it has been dyno proven. good luck.

stratton.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Driven97 said:
If money were no object I'd buy a 1997 911 Turbo and call it a day.
/smartypants out

lol, if money were no option you'd buy a 97 911?? Why not an 05 Carrera GT?

Seriously though.. not an option within reason and for the VE powerplant.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
STRATTON said:
i guess you could say im doing a few things most people havent done. first it will be a de/ve hybrid. im sending the ve head out to be ported and polished with a 3 angle valve job. i will slap on a n1 intake mani wich i will have extrude honed, n1 tb. n1 thermo block spacers. other than that just basic bolt ons, mossy headers when they drop and jwt cams when they drop. crank gurdel/scraper and a sr16ve tranny. really other than increasing the compression to say a 12:1 what else is left to do. there arent that many aftermarket items.
as far as your current set up goes id say you will gain a big whp increase by switching to a 3 inch exhaust. it has been dyno proven. good luck.
stratton.
sounds like you are making some big moves there. I'm really interested to see how your project turns out and the numbers you make. I think with the right mods this engine can hang with the built hondas B series. I'm still not sure if there will ever be enough aftermarket to hang with the K series though.

I'll switch to 3" exhaust when I can get some extra dough.. money is an object for me..

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
b series ? my full bolt on de "hangs with built honda b series" trust me... the goal is 240whp that should be enough to keep most k series kids at bay. everyone knows the k series is a fantastic engine. but if we can get the ve to hit twelves all day **** thats whats up.

stratton.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi there,

In my SR20VE I've put a set of N1 cams, springs, retainers in my highly ported and polished VE head, with 1600VE pistons (higher compression) along with a DE crank, cradle, and underdrive pullies.
I've had the 20VE TB enlarged, and had the HPC'd intake modified to accept the larger TB, and used phenolic spacers throughout.

To fuel this I'm using 370cc injectors from a turbo-ed 200SX along with a NISMO adjustable fuel reg, and Walbro in-tank pump.

The ECU is a 20VE P11 with a daughter-board addition and PLENTY of tuning.

I've got the rev limit set to 9,000revs, and the intake cam comes in at 4,500 with the exhaust at 6,500 (all controlled from the daughterboard.)

Fuji's for headers (HPC'd) and an Apexi exhaust, with a BMC CDA intake system

She pulls ALL the way to 9k without issue.

For transmission I'm using a 1600VE 5-speed with factory LSD.

And also gets reasonable mileage, surprisingly!

·
SouthPaw
2,022 Posts
yeah man, get a dyno. That setup is alot like I am prepping to run right now.

VE head( strude honed)
n1 manifold(extrude honed, swain coat)
outlaw n1 spacers
jwt cams and ecu(whenever they come out, I'll be there)
HS Gen6(depending on results, may get a mossy when its out, swain coated)
**Not all above has been purchased**But it will be built:)

Stratton and I were talking, and he convinced me that if I am going to go big, then I might as well go all the way. It will take me longer to assemble, but in the end it will be worth it.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts

What FW is that, and how much does it weigh?

C

1 - 20 of 41 Posts