SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week my check engine light came on for VSS malfunction so I went to the local nissan parts dealer and bought me a new one for $33.00. Replace the supposedly bad one and installed new one. About 2 days later after driving on the highway stupid CEL came back on. I checked the code and it was for the VSS malfuction again. I was told by a mechanic that there are 2 circuit boards that i guess controls the VSS and that 1 of the boards might be triggering the VSS malfunction code. Is there any one in this forum that might know what might be causing my CEL light to go on for the VSS malfunction problem? My car is a 1995 200sx se-r and car runs really smooth and despite this VSS malfunction code the speedometer seems to be working just fine. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS.

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
Cujo_se-r said:
Would also like to know. Samething with mine. I checked the wire and it is fine (looks that way at least). Maybe is that the reason my cruise doesn't work also. :confused: :confused:
My car does the same thing, My speedo works but I have no cruise and I am throwing the cel. I have yet to check behind the instrument cluster though. I have heard of bad connections back there though, I will prolly just take the wire off and re-solder it, hopefully that will do the trick.
Jeremy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts