SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone clue me as to where the VSS is on a 95 200SX Se-R with a manual 5-spd ? I'm getting VSS circuit open ECM code and want to check it, but my chilton just references the location on a car with an automatic transmission.
Also, I'm not having any apparent difficulties other than the check engine light coming on to indicate the codde. I cleared it once and it came back. My speedometer works OK, anyone had this kind of experience ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I'm not sure if this is for a manual or auto but I found it on some site. Hope it helps..

A: The Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) is located just behind the driver’s side axle and has a 2 wire connector. The VSS is a pulse generator which provides a signal in relationship to vehicle speed to the speedometer. The speedometer then sends the signal to the vehicle’s engine computer and, if equipped, to the automatic transmission computer. Without speed information from the VSS you’re going to have a few unhappy computers turning lights on, wanting attention. The fix should be a new sensor.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's on the top side of the tranny, looking down at it. Look close to the firewall, and to the left of the brake booster and all that crap. Its the only thing with a wire coming from the top. Its directly above the driver's axle. I'll try to take a picture tonight.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.