SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my car yesterday and there was this serious vibration noise from the engine compartment. The car seemed to run fine and after it warmed up the vibration went down considerably.
This makes me very nervous! I recently bypassed my AC compressor with a new belt but it seems to be tight.

Any ideas?

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
As somebody who is going through this because of a blown hose....

....check the power steering while you're down there. The BIG line that goes down the firewall has a compression fitting in it, and it will leak. That'll bring the pressure down, and your ps box will moan and groan.

Just a suggestion.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">possibly a busted engine mount</font>
This is a possibility. My previous car, a '91 NX2000 did that and I found it to be the passenger side motor mount causing the vibration. It had blown and the rubber insert was all jacked up.

I thought it was the right front strut or, like you, a belt or something going bad. Replaced the mounts and it cured the problem.

------------------
Brandon
'96 G20 ($tillen/K&N intake, '91 intake cam, 17 degrees, custom 2.25" Borla cat-back exhaust)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by big red:
possibly a busted engine mount</font>
Very good possibility I will check it out.

Thanks

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trys_Hard:
I started my car yesterday and there was this serious vibration noise from the engine compartment. The car seemed to run fine and after it warmed up the vibration went down considerably.
This makes me very nervous! I recently bypassed my AC compressor with a new belt but it seems to be tight.

Any ideas?
</font>

It could be the timing chaing tensioner..check that...

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, if you can't track down the problem, replace the mount, that is probably it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts