SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have '93 classic that has developed a vibration in the steering wheel and a loud humming noise when turning left. The noise is worst when I'm going 65-85. I get a noise when turning right as well, but it is not nearly as pronounced. There is also a strong vibration when accelerating in a straight line especially in first gear under hard acceleration.

I've swapped my summer and winter tires and wheels and the noise and vibration remains. The axle's were replaced a few years ago, I think they are fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
stensland said:
I have '93 classic that has developed a vibration in the steering wheel and a loud humming noise when turning left. The noise is worst when I'm going 65-85. I get a noise when turning right as well, but it is not nearly as pronounced. There is also a strong vibration when accelerating in a straight line especially in first gear under hard acceleration.

I've swapped my summer and winter tires and wheels and the noise and vibration remains. The axle's were replaced a few years ago, I think they are fine. Has anyone else had this problem?
When was the last time you had your wheels balanced? Even though you swapped them out, they could still need some attention.

·
SE-R Mana
759 Posts
Could very well be your front (passenger side) engine mount has gone bad. Have you ever had to change it out?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hawaii_SE-R said:
Could very well be your front (passenger side) engine mount has gone bad. Have you ever had to change it out?
No, I'll have to take a look at that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts