SR20 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a video of me vs my friend in a Prelude with i/h/e/
His name on some of the other forums is 99Prelude_LC maybe youve seen some of his videos? Anyways He claims his clutch slipped at the top of 1st gear (MMm Hmm) If u listen closely u can hear him chirp into 2nd...

www.vwaddiction.com/~planoser/GuyVsMatt.wmv

Here is another one of me against some fastass old Mustang

www.vwaddiction.com/~planoser/SER14.8.wmv

They didnt get my best run on video (14.79) b/c the batteries ran out but that's okay. I am just excited with my 1/4 mile times :D

My performance mods are:
cone filter & adapter plate
pacesetter header
Courtesy Nissan catback exhaust
91 intake cam
19* timing
JW clutch & mounts

these runs were performed on 15" wheels with street tires (pirelli p700z)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Thats frigin sweet man!!! We willsee what my 1/4's are this sunday in Clay CIty. I have to get 2 wheels with some bald ass tires for the fronts though. You know what I will be running so HOPEFULLY I will break mid to low 14's! Cross your fingers! IM gonna throw in some 118 octane too, to help things along. I still think that broken bolt and easy out in the head is hindering me but we will see! :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u packin some nitrous or somethin?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
DAMN THAT PACESETTER F*CKIN ROCKS!!!!

CONGRADULATIONS MAN!!!!! HEL YEAH!! NICE JOB!!!!

Bro, I am so pissed off right now!!!!
I need to get my clutch fixed so I can pull some 14's!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
727 Posts
NO NOS, well maybe no NOS, dunno. My car pulls like hell above 5000 in 3rd though and I barely hit that in the 1/8, not enough room! I know I can hit 9.5's in the 1/8th already, with a 9.4, that shoudl equate to around 14.57. Sooo, with a little ass-kissing, maybe, just maybe, I can get into the mids! :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Project SE-R, hate to break it to you.. but my 1/8th mile on that run was a 9.515

and my 1/8th mile on the 14.79 run was a 9.485
but hey, u have that ECU so u can rev higher.. maybe that will help u out

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yeah I know ASSHOLE!!! J/K! :D trying to ruin my expectations I see! HAHAHAHA! What octane did you run? What I plan to do is with the JWT ECU, run 2 Gals of 118 with 1/4 tank of 93, set timing to 17, I was told I can do this as long as the octane is high, it will be! Then rev that bitch to the max in 2nd and third!!! I am not saying I will hit it, just that I WANT to!!! :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my timing is set to 19* and i always run 93 premium gas.
its good to set your goals high, i hope you are able to accomplish them :D

i REALY need an ECU and a CAI ;)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thx Mike, bring it on ;) hehe. I heard ennis might have another test n tune day open on Saturday sometime in December.. just gotta stay alert and see when they announce it

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hehe u ran good, Tony. 15.7 nearly stock is really good. Work on those launches a little more and you should be able to get it down to 15.4 or so

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Hey Plano:

How bout some launching tips man :D That time is awesome, I wish I could do that but first I have to learn how to launch. TIA

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
I want to see those runs. I get all of this mess of computer lingo when I pull up your link. I dont know how to fix it. But congradulations on your entrance into the 14 second club!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thx

Right click the link, and hit "save as"
it requires Windows Media Player to view.. Let me know if you still have problems.

JRios: I deflated my tires down to 22psi which helped a ton. Rev up to 5000RPM and hold the clutch just below the engagement point. Then on the last yellow light is when you go... I slide the clutch out quick but smoothly to about halfway point and once I feel the car moving out of the whole, i release the rest of the clutch at around 6000rpm. Doing this got me 2.2X 60fts on street tires. Oh yeah, i found that spinning my tires a little bit before hand helped them to grip. I go around the water box and do a small peelout on the dry part before staging.

Here is my best timeslip from the day

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
I guess it doesnt help that I have a mac! But I will find a way to look at these video's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts