SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for new 16" or 17" rims and tires for my 98 SE. Thought about the VPDs through Axis. I received a price of $1199 for 16s with 205/45/16. Is this a good price? Anyone have any knowledge of the VPDs? I saw them mentioned as a light weight wheel in SSC.

JS

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
you don't want to put nittos on your car though. you will be replacing them about every 5k.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually had pretty decent luck with the nitto 450s on my Mr2. But that is just with street driving, no events or anything. Is Axis the only place they are available? Don't know much about em really...

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
mine were on the street too, and that was before I had real power on my car too (and camber plates
)

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been beating the everlivin piss out of a set of Nitto 450 and they are showing almost no sign of wear. I think people are confused about the different types available. The ones that wear poorly are the 555. Their is also a 555 "drag" radial. They are a good tire for the money and I have a set mounted on 15" Konig burners and the combo ran me about $500 mounted and balanced. (Discount tire directs wherehouse is in town
. Anyone have any cheap autocross tires in mind? Yoko avs intermediates are about $50 a peice in 195/50-15, and 60+ in 205/50-15, and I could afford to burn up two sets of those for what r-compound tires would run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts