SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wich engine does everyone think is more reliable & durable? I mean rods,piston's,crank...... I've heard SR20DE is stock did I hear wrong?

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
SR20DE is a vary strong engine, and can take alot of abuse

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4
ACT clutch on order

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nupinpanty:
Wich engine does everyone think is more reliable & durable? I mean rods,piston's,crank...... I've heard SR20DE is stock did I hear wrong? </font>
Just curious do you own or are looking to purchase an SR20 car? Or, are you looking to hear us toot our own horn? The strenght of the SR20 has been well documented. Several have produced upwards of 400hp on unopened engines. I don't know of any B series engines that have been able to withstand that sort of abuse. Not that they couldn't with proper tuning but they already have 1 strike against them with high compression. Normally asperated it isn't much of a comparison, the B series can crank out some serious hp. The SR20 is just now catching up with the recent introduction of the C series cams from JWT. These cams produced 177whp with only bolt-ons beside. Not many B series motors can duplicate that type of gain without some serious dyno tuning.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I own a 93'G20, i'm not just talking shhh. I love the comparison on VTEC's & SR20DE's. To answer the engine question B18c or B16 [there almost the same]. P.S. I'm new to this SR20DE/infiniti/nissan thing I want a change from Hondas!!!!!!, frankly I'm sick of them my hybrid gave me so much problems!!!

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Dude you can't go wrong with a SR20DE car.
My 91 SE-R has 162,000 miles runs 9.6's in 1/8 and I have put on a total of $450.00 in mods. These cars are the equivalent of the old 289 Ford engines in reliability.My hard core Honda wife is now seriously considerdering going to a SR20DE car cause I spank her Del Sol all the time and it is a SI. The V-Tecs are Awesome but face it when you open up your local Auto Trader you can buy a SR20DE car for thousands less than a V-TEC car and with a few mods you got a monster.

My .02c's worth

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yawn...

The SR20 was built to be a turbo motor... the B series were all built to be NA. They're really not a good compairison. Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses. I like both personally. The biggest advantage the SR20 has over the B series is really an issue of supply and demand more than anything else. They're a lot cheaper than a b series engine.

------------------
- Yosho
'96 200SX SE-R
'00 Civic Si EBP

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well actually in a recent issue of SCC they say the SR20 has a lot of NA potential...they said they think it will be the next big thing and with the c series cams and stuff it is getting there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes,I really like the change I have made for myself D16Z6,B16A,& now SR20DE. I must say I can't wait until I get a 200SX SE-R or maybe I'll sale-out & go V-6 wiyh a Maxima![I think SE-R]

·
Registered
25 Posts
I gave my '94 LS Integra to my brother and bought a new 200SX SE-R back in '97. Although I liked the Integra I love my 200. How much do those C series cams go for?

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> The SR20 is just now catching up with the recent introduction of the C series cams from JWT. These cams produced 177whp with only bolt-ons beside</font>
When did the 177 whp happen? AFAIK Rob got a max of 172 whp on his last dyno test. Who got 177 whp with bolt-ons?

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
I HAVE A HONDA AND A NISSAN EVEN THOUGH THE ACURA HAS BETTER LOOKS MY NX2000 WILL KILL MY HONDA. HEY DROP IN A SR20DET AND YOU WILL KILL A LOT OF HONDAS. COMPARE PRICE THATS WHAT I DID DOLLAR PER DOLLAR THE SER WILL MAKE YOU GO FASTER. AND ANOTHER REASON I STOP BUILDING ON MY ACURA IS THERE ARE MORE THEIVES WILLING TO STILL A HONDA THEN A NISSAN.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nupinpanty:
No I own a 93'G20, i'm not just talking shhh. I love the comparison on VTEC's & SR20DE's. To answer the engine question B18c or B16 [there almost the same]. P.S. I'm new to this SR20DE/infiniti/nissan thing I want a change from Hondas!!!!!!, frankly I'm sick of them my hybrid gave me so much problems!!! </font>
Sorry dude. After visiting clubsi I was on troll alert.

·
Registered
13 Posts
After owning a 91 Se-R and now having a Si, all I can think about is getting another Nissan. I hate my Honda. I am sick of revving to 82oo rpm to pass a god damn car on the hi way. And my car is by no means stock. It is a led sled, ill handling peice of crap. Granted the b series motors and some cars can produce very excellent numbers, I wanna be different again. Every kid with VTEC on this god foresaken earth tries to race me because if Papadakis can run 8s, then so can they. I am frankly tired of it. Bye!!

G

·
0 Posts
i have a lot of respect for papadakis, i would love to own that car too. but thats pro drag racing.

doesnt he have a lude engine in there anyway?

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LONEWOLF:
I HAVE A HONDA AND A NISSAN EVEN THOUGH THE ACURA HAS BETTER LOOKS MY NX2000 WILL KILL MY HONDA. HEY DROP IN A SR20DET AND YOU WILL KILL A LOT OF HONDAS. COMPARE PRICE THATS WHAT I DID DOLLAR PER DOLLAR THE SER WILL MAKE YOU GO FASTER. AND ANOTHER REASON I STOP BUILDING ON MY ACURA IS THERE ARE MORE THEIVES WILLING TO STILL A HONDA THEN A NISSAN.</font>
HEY MAN TAKE OFF THE CAPS LOCK

1 - 18 of 18 Posts