SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my vvl cam solenoids wired together as many other people on here have but was wondering could someone explain how i would go about wiring them to a switch inside the car so i can turn the single stage vvl on and off?

Cheers,
Jon.

·
L337 VVL
268 Posts
You mean by running a switch in the cabin you would just have a 12v switch that runs to you two solinoids...

This would be hard to tune as the switching point will change all the time!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Lol, I could only imagine having to flick the switch on at 5k, shift turn off switch, till 5k, flick on, shift...ect. Wouldn't be getting anywhere fast in my opinion bud. But it can be done.

dudeman

·
L337 VVL
268 Posts
Ive seen them use them in races with a steering wheel button to enguage the high cam! as soon as your hand goes to shift gear your hands come off the button. so it's more selective power!

A proper switching unit would be better in every way though!...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No what i want is to be able to activate both cams together by using the switch but be able to turn it off and have the vvl operate as normal i.e. intake cam at 5800rpm and exhaust cam at 6500rpm.

Could someone make a quick diagram for me
A pictures worth.... etc...

Cheers so far fellas

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wish i could go mate but the killarney rally is on this weekend and i already made plans to go down there with some mates. Hopefully it won't be to long till the next meet and i'll definitely be at that one ;)

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
One single 12V dual plane switch and two diodes would sort it out for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know what i need but i don't know how to wire everything up

Me+Wiring=Disaster!! if i had a diagram to work off i'd have no problem :)

·
SR20VE powered P11 GT
436 Posts
If you want to manually activate the cam switches, all you need to do is splice in an earth feed inbetween the cams switches and ECU.
Best option to protect the ecu would be to use an on-off-on switch, that way you can either have the cams activated via the ecu, have them deactivate, or fully activated...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts