SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that the VW corrado looks similar to the Nx2000. Im looking for opinions here because my best friend disagrees with me. I didnt say they look identical, but they do have similarties....please feel free to voice your opinion on this post and tell me whether you think it does look similar or why it doesnt.....thanks!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
no resemblance either. I think Corrados look badass too! If i didnt have such a sour experience with my PassatVR6, I'd probably have a Corrado SLC right now

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody have an opinion in my favor??? :D

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
hee hee!! told ya so bro :)

but maaaaaaaaaaayybe...if you took a huge clay block that was in the shape of a corrado....and you chiseled it away enough, it could look like an NX :p

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
WHAT!!!!
I dont see any comparison except that each has 4 wheels.
thats my opinion. I still want an old '87 GTI though. :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, u guys are rough....i guess i am on my own. :(

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
sorry...............:)

One is square and the other is.......uh........um.......hmmmmm.......er.........its eggy. :D

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
SmoothDaddyFig said:
I still want an old '87 GTI though. :D
alleluia! someone else who likes Gen2 Golfs!! I'd love to have a sweet 16valve GTI....I'm a VW fan always and forever!

smoothdaddy, u da man!! :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
I want a Mk2 GTi w/ VR6 swap :D

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I have noticed that they look similar. In a really abstract way though.. even among hatchbacks they have a similar appearance compared to the rest.

I noticed this when I was autocrossing against a VR6 Corrado in STS a few months ago. I was running on bald tires and ended up 2/10ths down. He got 3rd I think and is a normal front runner. I remember not being impressed by it as it was totally developed and I know my car has a ways to go. (So does the driver :))

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ya know, i hate to say this, but if you want to compare the NX to any other production car, it looks quite similar to the crappy Geo Storm. I dont like to admit it, but its true.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
NismoSER said:

alleluia! someone else who likes Gen2 Golfs!! I'd love to have a sweet 16valve GTI....I'm a VW fan always and forever!

smoothdaddy, u da man!! :)
HELLS YEAH!!!! Man, I am in love with the G2 golfs!!
A nice 16valve GTI with the headlight conversion kit would suit me fine!!! I was going to get one a couple years ago but I was on a CRX high. And I ended up with a '91 Rex.
iM STILL IN SEARCH FOR ONE THOUGH!!!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Vegita said:
Ya know, i hate to say this, but if you want to compare the NX to any other production car, it looks quite similar to the crappy Geo Storm. I dont like to admit it, but its true.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!! that is so true!!!!! My stomach hurts now!!!!!
oh, my goodness!!!!! ha ha ha ha !!!!! ......................

But of course the Nissan reigns supreme!!!!!:)

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
my dad had an 87 Golf, which he only bought cuz his 78 scirroco broke down. nothing major, but with 110,000 miles, he thought it was time he try out a new veedub.

however, he didn't have enuff cash for the GTI, so we settled for a Golf GL two door. he even put Enkei rims on it! that thing was great, manual crank sunroof and all!

the best Gen2 GTI to me must be the 1992......which made the most power of all the gen2's....around 138 i think. like smoothdaddy said...a headlight conversion is all it needs :)

and now that Vegita mentions it...the storm and the NX do share similarities....like its the NX's daddy's illegitamate child

:p

·
Registered
21 Posts
They look nothing alike. I think the NX is so unique that it doesnt' look like anything else but thats a good thing tho.

·
Registered
21 Posts
NISMOSER, you've got to be kidding me. The 87 golf? Come on now, have you seen those things on the road. Theres nothing uglier then those things other than the accord hatchback that they made in the early 80's. You mind as well be saying that you wanna drive the old school accord hatchback with an engine swap.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts