SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a VZR N1 and am very curious to know how many of them are around.
Would it be possible to get a count of how many there is?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know there is 200 built of version 1 and 300 of version 2, but it is possible some of these could be crashed. so it would be nice if we could track how many known N1s are around.

·
vzr-n1's rule
91 Posts
vzr n1

i have owned one for approx 2yrs,
series 1, done 51km, all the usual mods, suspension, fuji exhaust, pipercross intake, slotted rotors and ebc pads,
body colour is white with all the n1 stickers down the sides.
there is only one other here in nz, a plain black one, also a series 1 with no rear spoiler.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there is 3 in ireland that i know about from reading the forum, and there is another one where i live. so thats 5 in ireland unless someone can add too it. All V1 as far as i know. so thats 7 so far.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just want to find out how many N1's are around not how many engines. there must be a way of determining a N1 from one with the engine put in. Maybe the chassis number will tell us. The version 2 will be very easy to distinguise, because of the interior. I guess manual windows and no central locking and the body kit should show the difference in a Version 1.
So maybe someone knows what a N1 chassis number should be?

·
vzr-n1's rule
91 Posts
vzr, why not post up your chassis no`
i think its the last 6-7 letters that determine that its a n1.
i will check and post mine later.
just for comparison sake , here is a regular vzr chassis no`.

JN15-000582

FCVASVFN15EDAF----A

TRIM - 4S0 G

SR16(VE) 1596

RS5F32V FM44

·
Registered
110 Posts
i also have a n1, not sure if you counted that in your count of n1's in ireland.
ya probably did, oh and its now for sale! :biggthump

·
Autech
106 Posts
sorry about the 2 year later post bump:tongue:

I got in contact with nissan autech japan late last year - and after a bit of persuasion, the managed to give me official numbers:

200 produced in series 1
32 produced of series 2

These count for both lucino and serie versions. So in total - only 232 N1 N15 pulsars were ever made.

·
Autech
106 Posts
japan was the only country they were released to:tongue:

But there has been two N1's brought to Australia so far - one series one, and one version 2 with optioned orange interior.

·
Registered
154 Posts
There have been lots discussions around regarding real numbers of cars produced. Nobody found or published something official. We only have limitation numbers.

I've been able to count so far 343 VersionI Model code:ECVARMFN15EDAXXXXX
From September 1997 to March 1998

36 VersionII Cars (Model Code:ECVARMFN15EDAPXXXX)
First two cars on June 1998 although official release was on November 1998 I found one car build on that date, the majority of them on December 1998 and two cars on February 1999.

Lucinos could be counted by using ten fingers for both versions. Black color was also rare. Not all cars were Autech versions, there were few that were made without Autech brand. Nissan did the complete development. Autech was just the dealer...

Of course these are not all. I have not finished counting them cause it's a boring and long processing task.
How did I get them? Vin cross-checking though Fast...;)

·
Autech
106 Posts
Its very interesting that you say nissan did the development, and that autech co was simply the dealer. From what limited information there is out there - it all says that autech co did the engine modifications, design and trim variences. Have you got any links to some of this info? I really doubt that nissan did the building of the cars, for example, the Autech Stagea - it comes with its own uniqe model code, which is specifically only for autech vehicles eg: JN15 - HN15 etc. My Autech HN15 according to nissan fast has a 1.8ltr motor with regular gearbox etc - but according to Autech Japan its been modified by them with their parts.

The numbers i got were directly from Autech Co japan, and keep in mind that these cars were on an order only basis - so if no customer wanted them for march 1998 for example - then none were taken off the production line from nissan and sent to Autech Co for modification. Even so i do not know how accurate nissan fast is for referencing to something like that, especially numbers of vehicles. Again on my Autech HN15, it still says SR18DE on the build plate along with the open diff gearbox code of RS5F32A - identicle to what nissan fast tells me - however i will get that little blue box once you plug the vin number, stating that the car is an Autech Vehicle.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dear ssaanctum,
We share same love and passion. I have no intention to come in dispute with you but please keep in mind that in the whole world you are not the only person who managed to get in touch with Autech Japan.

I am able to get print screens of all the numbers I've mentioned. I didn't get them of my mind. I will not do so as these information is good to remain private.

·
N1 :) :)
71 Posts
i had a series 1 n1, black and a mate has a series 1 n1 in white and he just bought a crashed series 1 with a series 2 interior,

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hello fast focus.
I wonder why you call it race it edition. Does it have anything extra to the engine side?
Do all Version II have a black coated manifold from factory?
I had seen one on japanese owner but thought he had painted himself.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Here are some facts.
Parts that remained same among the years.
10103-1N555 partcode:10103 Complete block
11000-1N510 partcode:11010 plain block (using a newer fast you get 11000-1N550 as the latest part which is a standard B14/N15 SR16VE block)
11040-1N520 partcode:11041 plain head (no cams,valvetrain)

Parts that have upgraded part numbers are among others: pistons,rings,flywheel,solenoids,Slack chain guide,rocker arms&shafts,water pump

There are two basic part numbers for complete engines. Engine comes complete without manifolds and sensors.
10102-1N557 partcode:10102 Bare Engine 2WD.PUL.SR16VE.N1 9811-9910 (VersionII)
10102-1N555 partcode:10102 Bare Engine SR16VE.N1.MT 9709-9910 (VersionI)

In the past years there were also rebuilt engines but now you can get only new. I had seen this guy and made me wonder how he manage to get a brand new N1 engine. Well he did!

What to know how much I was quoted about the 10102-1N557 engine? 489900Yen!
People who look for a N1, there's hope out there...;)

My vin and every VersionI vin I tested displays 10102-1N555 for the engine including all Version II Lucinos (I have 7 so far) but in all Version II Pulsars you also get the 10102-1N557 engine as an option to choose. Fast has the same pricing for both.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There were two types of version 2 available.

1. The normal edition has a sunroof electric windows electric folding mirrors rear wiper and a full spiltter kit from factory along with the n1 spoiler

2. My race edition. Winding windows, no central locking folding mirrors splitter kit or spoiler or anything pretty much that weighed it down.

As regards the mainfold it is most definatly painted after factory fairly badly too with a brush or the likes. Wonder why someone would do that?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts