SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. So this is the first swap I've done on a FWD Nissan and I'm trying to figure out what everyone does for this particular situation... I've got the W10 engine in the B13 body, but the turbo outlet hits the crossmember in the center and totally interferes with the radiator (don't even worry about the fans...) I tried re-clocking the compressor housing, but then the wastegate actuator doesn't mount up to the housing anymore. Should I buy a new radiator/fans, re-tap the housing to work, or what? Thanks for the help, in advance, since I've got two weeks of Army training ahead of me fella's...

·
More boost please.
137 Posts
On mine I had to put the turbo on the exhaust manifold, then put the exhaust manifold on the car temporarily. I left the bolts a little loose that hold the compressor housing on so I could clock the housing just right. I had to point it down at just the perfect angle. Then take everything back off the car, mark the compressor housing where it's clocked at so you can put it back. I then put the wastegate accuator on the turbo, marked it for new holes on the compressor housing, removed it and drilled and tapped the new holes by hand. It wasn't pretty, or even accurate, but it worked.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Okay. So this is the first swap I've done on a FWD Nissan and I'm trying to figure out what everyone does for this particular situation... I've got the W10 engine in the B13 body, but the turbo outlet hits the crossmember in the center and totally interferes with the radiator (don't even worry about the fans...) I tried re-clocking the compressor housing, but then the wastegate actuator doesn't mount up to the housing anymore. Should I buy a new radiator/fans, re-tap the housing to work, or what? Thanks for the help, in advance, since I've got two weeks of Army training ahead of me fella's...
what i done was change the turbo elbow to one off of a t28 and mine cleared and its currently like that and i didnt drill or tap anything.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just kept mine the way it is and bought the mount from gspec so it clears. For most ic kits you usaully have to clock them up. I was having mine custom made so my turbo stayed facing down.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
My parts guy made me a mount out of some wrist pins and a peice of a tire iron. I also squished the sub frame in a press.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right on guys. It took a while for anyone to get back to me, but I definitely appreciate the input... @ Frenshawas: Where did you get the turbo from a T28? Is there another Nissan I can get this from, or some shop selling them online somewhere? Thanks again, everyone.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Right on guys. It took a while for anyone to get back to me, but I definitely appreciate the input... @ Frenshawas: Where did you get the turbo from a T28? Is there another Nissan I can get this from, or some shop selling them online somewhere? Thanks again, everyone.
rb25det........ jgy has one in their used and discontinued section under sentra stuff. i used the elbow off of a t28 and ran my pipe through the side of the car and not under the bottom of rad

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
RB25's use T3's though. The compressor outlet elbox can be used on a T25 though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts