SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best for streetracing,and power to weight ratio the s13 180sx or the 240sx both with det's?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Re: waht is the best s13 the hatchback or the coupe to drop a det into performance wise

s13 coupe...haha

·
Registered
127 Posts
Re: waht is the best s13 the hatchback or the coupe to drop a det into performance wise

coupes are supposed to be lighter, and more ridged. personally i love the look of my hatch. also, the rareness of coupes is a very good thing. i usually see 3-4 hatches a day, none modified. ill be lucky to see like 2 coupes a month, and i live in a decently sized city.

·
A.K.A. 2Fass240us
1,224 Posts

I own a hatch, and liked them better at first, but the coupes are starting to grow on me. I prefer the pop-up front end on the hatch, but think the coupe looks better with the S13 Silvia front end. Just personal preference.

As for which is better performance-wise, the coupe is lighter and slightly more rigid. But I believe that if caged properly, a hatch with a cage can be ever so slightly more rigid than a coupe with a cage. Of course, you may choose not to cage the car, in which case a coupe would be better.

Another good thing about the hatchback though is that you can carry more stuff around! Like spare wheels & tires, a jack, a sleeping bag, several bags of luggage, tools, etc. etc. etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts