SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At this time i own i owe a 94 se-r, turbo is the next step.My question is should i get a 89 240sx for a daily driver and possibly my next project car ? The main thing is I have seen quit a few or sale inn myy area even one with a silvia conversion fornt end on it already for around 3000, are these cars worth the buildup i know 889-90 is the best for race due to the lightest chassis< I personally like the body styling.Anybody have pics or links to tight ass s13 pics.

IM OUT

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you like the way the car looks then I would suggest driving it. You will be suprised at how the car handles stock. If you plan on doing the SR swap into it later I would also suggest getting the 91 up 240. It will be a much easier swap. Trust me as I have an 89 with the swap. ;)

Anybody have pics or links to tight ass s13 pics.
See sig. hehe JK that's just a link to my car, and it's ugly.
:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, I have an '89 240sx too, and I want to do the swap. But how do you guys use your car for a daily driver if it wont pass the emission tests?

·
Registered
249 Posts
89240 said:
Hey, I have an '89 240sx too, and I want to do the swap. But how do you guys use your car for a daily driver if it wont pass the emission tests?
What emissions test? It helps if you know people as well. It's called networking;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in Washington State, and our cars have to pass a smog test. Bleh. Any motor that was not originally in the car will fail the test here, and of course, I don't know anyone in the business.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i would keep the se-r as a daily driver and do the 240sx with the det as a project car. at first i wanted to do just that but came across a steal on my b14. but if i hadn't of came across the 200sx i love i would have love to of done the silvia project, love those cars.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

·
Registered
249 Posts
89240 said:
I'm in Washington State, and our cars have to pass a smog test. Bleh. Any motor that was not originally in the car will fail the test here, and of course, I don't know anyone in the business.
You know you may want to check your local laws. Just because it's not the original motor may not make it illegal. Some states just require that it is from the same year or newer. You could probably pass the emissions test if you kept your mods down.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Re: TX

Yellow4g63 said:
Sweet ride man. Car looks nice even if it dosen't have a flashy paint job. I know a nice car when I see one.
Why thank you. She needs a little more TLC. I have some minor issues to overcome before she is fit for any type of hard running. But all of these should be resolved before the end of the year.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts