SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is old news, but the AEBS header is not being made anymore:( After waiting a month, I talked to Victor from Apex and he said he talked to Nathen from AEBS. Supposedly they're not being made anymore, but will be made again later in the future. When? I have no idea and neither does Victor. Why? Again I have no idea. Just wanted to give you guys the heads up...

Fred
99 Sentra SE

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
i posted about this but they are coming out with a new design and supposedly have a car in there to prototype parts for.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Yeah, my hotshot is great. One of the welds isn't complete. Awesome quality. Mark Merliss's flex pipe basically fell off after about a year. His also rusted to ****. Craigs leaked. AEBS, makes quality ****. Anything you're basing hotshot being better than the AEBS?

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
97 Black SER said:
Yeah, my hotshot is great. One of the welds isn't complete. Awesome quality. Mark Merliss's flex pipe basically fell off after about a year. His also rusted to ****. Craigs leaked. AEBS, makes quality ****. Anything you're basing hotshot being better than the AEBS?

Sucks to be you I guess. You forgot to mention you live in New England and get alot more snow than much of the country besides the midewest. And yes, I do have another, the Hotshot CAI is better than the Place CAI.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Storm88000 said:

Sucks to be you I guess. You forgot to mention you live in New England and get alot more snow than much of the country besides the midewest. And yes, I do have another, the Hotshot CAI is better than the Place CAI.
If I'm not mistaken it wasn't that long ago you were bitching about your header rusting after only a couple of months.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Ehh, what does the hotshot CAI have to do with the hotshot header? The hotshot CAI and the place CAI are basically the same thing. What does living in new england have to do with crappy welding. My flex pipe is also leaking. There isn't a hint of rust on my header so its not because of that.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I have a 99 WITHOUT the JWT ecu, rev liimit is still at 7100. I wanted the the aebs, because like Jay Hassinger pointed out-there's a nice shove in torque after shifting and dropping back into the torque band-around 4500rpm. He also mentioned because of bigger primaries, AEBS would be good for nitrous applications. I considered this too since I would be squeezing a 60shot and S3 cams. Some dynos from the great Header Test way back from SCC:

The Hotshot G3 vs. stock

The AEBS vs. stock

This is what I saw after I scanned both and overlapped the pictures. Hotshot(green) vs. AEBS(red)

AEBS may have loss 1hp on the high end, but then again it probably makes up for it in the torque gains down low. I thought this would also be effective since nitrous feels stronger in the lower to mid range than the high end. I'm not sure if the HS G4 headers claim more hp over G3s, but again I have the stock rev limiter and didnt want to wander way up into the high end to use the whole power band. With nitrous and tire spin, it's easy to bang off the rev limiter-not a good feeling when squeezing. Don't get me wrong, I've seen up close the G4 header a couple days ago-it looks awesome, and I'm sure its got good power gains. I just wanted to get the AEBS to better suit my application.

Fred
99 Sentra SE

·
SE-R Bastard
938 Posts
I have a an old Stillen (96 or 97 year) Ceramic coated header with about 100K miles on it. Still looks brand new and no leaks. There is my header input.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Fred, thats the main reason I want the AEBS header. I just recently purchase my nitrous setup and definately should have listened to Jay when I talked to him about a header for my car. He never had a single problem with it hanging below the crossmember. It doesn't even hang all that far down. Craig hasn't a problem with his, and both his and Jay's cars were lowered.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
The only thing that stops me from getting the AEBS header is that the N-tech control arm brace might not fit. I too seen the gain in midrange torque (that is exactly what I want) over the HS header. Given that I planned to get the S3 cams too, I believe the AEBS would suit me the best also.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts