SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying an NX here in a few months. I'm the one with the 200 for sale. Does anyone have any tips on what to look for as far as common problems? Also, if someone offers to sell one for a rediculously low price, what should I be wary of there? Thanks a bunch. Oh, and if anyone wants to buy a 200SX SE-R w/ lots of goodies, let me know. Thanks again.

-Andy Boyles, AZ
'95 200SX SE-R w/ goodies ;)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just look for the regular things...accidents, obvious damage, etc. Other things to look for? 5th gear popout! Leaking T-roof? Not sure about that last one, as my NX is hardtop so I don't know if its a problem, but good to check anyways...That's all I can think of for now! Good luck and we'll be welcoming you to the Egg family!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5th gear popout was a problem for those? I assume they have the same tranny as the classic SE-R, huh? Well, Thanks for the advice, Son of a Skyline!

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
well my nx has a few problems look out though, nx's is not a dime of dozen but if you do see one with a problem see if you can get fix.you can always replace a tranny, motor, and fix about any body work i live in new york and i bought mines in CT.. so don't go with high:p expections the people who have nx's drive them so expect high mileage. and very few people sell them. SO HOW BAD YOU WANT A NX2K:mad: :mad: :mad:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any suspension or drivetrain problems would
be the same ones you look for in 91-93 SE-Rs

As far as NX specific, body parts/interior may take some searching (not a very popular car in the salvage yards)

If it has the power window option, make sure they
work. I've had 2 go bad and know of a few other
NXs with them fail. New from the dealer is $275!
Sometimes you can fix them sometimes you have to buy one from the salvage yard.

Hatch struts go bad, $60 to replace them from
Autozone or Big-A, $150 from Nissan.

T-Tops could leak, usually you can use rubber protectant, silicone glue, or shim up the weather
stripping to fix that.

Basically just make a note of what needs to be fixed and find out how much it would cost, keep
that figure in mind when dealing.

All in all they are just as reliable as any other
SR20.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
909 Posts
NX mania

I know the NX is a much better car than the 200sx :) but what is the deal with everyone wanting to sell there B14 for an NX? I mean I dont cars and I think it is a good thing. The more people get intrested in them the more mods will be out there for them. Its just that in the past, even though it is the best sr20de powered car ever produced (ducking) It was like the red-headed step child of the SE-R world. It is known as the worst looking car in the line-up. Still I love mine and have wanted one since I bought my first Pulsar (83) in 96 and my 2nd (87 T tops) in 98. I fell into mine as I was not activily searching for one nor was I looking to get rid of mine. Now all I here is I want to get rid of my 200 for an NX. Good luck and I dont think the t-top leaking is a problem. At least not for me.

·
Registered
909 Posts
TTT
Im not tyring to be a dick I just want to here everyones reason for wanting them all of a sudden.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'll tell you my reason. I don't like car payments. I'm paying $290 on my car right now (poor judgement call when I bought it). I love my car, but on the salary I get (in the military) I just can't afford that and the insurance. So, I love the SR20. I don't want to completely leave the SR20 scene. I like the Sentras, but the styling of the NX just rocks!! So, I plan on saving up some extra cash, buying a beater to drive and an NX to work on until I get it where I want it. Then I'll have my daily driver project done and no payments. I've always liked the NX. But, now with the prices down for them, and I'm in a financial bind, I think now would be the time to get one. Make sense, Marc? I don't mind your curiosity, really. You're not being an asshole, just curious. Hey, if you've got any advice for me, help me out! I'm still just a youngin trying (normally to no avail) to make the right decisions. Thanks.

-Andy Boyles, AZ
'95 200SX SE-R w/ goodies ;) for sale

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, marc, you online? Checkin in to see how the NX is running.

-Andy Boyles, AZ
'95 200SX SE-R w/ goodies ;) for sale

1 - 10 of 10 Posts