SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
heh, riding in the car has to be the worst way ever to pick, because 9 times out of 10 you'll pick the turbo car, because it simply has much more power and torque.

However, later when you're paying for the tuning and the reliability issues is when you think longingly about that VE ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you are correct if I got turbo I want everything new because i want reliability. Anyone with a ve?

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
So... can I get a ride in a turbo car??? :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crim said:
Heh we have weekly meetings..... come out and I'm sure someone would be willing to take you for a ride. Mine won't be back on the road for a couple more weeks still.
When do you meet? I have about 2k to spend on a ve or a det turbo set up. I want good power but cant afford buying new trannys. Is the tranny myth true for the det's. What do you guys think

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah, I seriously want someone to show up at a Thursday meet with a VE in his car, just because I like the idea of pwning Hondas with true variable valve lift :D

or well, better variable valve lift, though when someone shows up with an RSX-S we're going to be in hot water. We'll just have to use ye olde boost then.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
man 3k lets see det from soko 1200, intercooler w/ pipeing 800, crap..... yea I guess VE for now. If I want more juice I coud just throw some NAWWWS on :)

When do you guys meet?

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
first thursday of every month (ie THIS thursday) we meet at the downtown varsity from 7:30-8pm ish til whenever people get bored.

Every other thursday of the month we meet at the gwinette place mall fudruckers. Ussualy head over to wangs for some fine asian kid food :) Meet up around the same time

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
oh yeah all are welcome!

The varsity meets we crash the VW meets, so there are a ton of cars down there, some ricers some clean good cars :)

The G-Fudruckers we crash the importatlanta meet, which is the NON-Ricer (for the most part) local import forum. Most of their cars are clean and bring the powah, tho as xard says, we still make fun of their rear drum brakes. :D

·
Out of business
863 Posts
your gonna need about 3thousand for decent ve swap, with minor bolt ons

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
3,716 Posts
Engine with turbo, downpipe, TMIC intercooler & piping, guages, ECU - that is a minimum for boost. The minimum VE is engine, window switches and RPM pills. You can do the nice header & lightweight flywheel later.

With boost you can go higher really quickly.. bigger turbo, bigger injectors, bigger MAF, boost controller, turbo timer, FMIC setup, 3" exhaust, you get the point.

Go VE, be original for down here.. later on get one of those japanese headers and a fidanza flywheel to jack the horsepower closer to 200.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts