SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok Guy I ask this question before. I thought it was the weather strip that seats under the hood were the wiper are. I have replace that; and still water getting it. Anyone got any Ideas?? Thanks

Richie Soliven Representing Split Second Racing
SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ( boosting at 10 psi), HKS TURBO TIMER, JWT ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat(That needs do be hollowed out), 3 in downpipe,300zxTT fuel pump HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, SSR rims 18x7.5,relocated battary to the trunk, AGX'S struts and Ground Controls, Stillen kit Next from wkdtrbo57, then Hood Scoop !!

·
_______
2,170 Posts
After I had my car completely stripped and repainted, the apillars replaced, and a new windshield put in... gratutious details, but I'm really happy about the way it looks, and feel compelled to share
, the autobody guy didn't replace the weatherstripping at the base of the windshield. This wasn't the problem though. Water was getting in, but I had to reseal all around the windshield with silicone goop to stop the leaks. He hadn't done that either! Possibly yours has dried out, and there's a leak there. Easy to fix, really. You didn't say where the leak is. Does it spray water onto the dash when it's raining?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was coming from the Fan behind the glove box. The silicone goop Was dried out around the metal peice on the passage side Under the cow top. Dame When I think about it I let this go on for a year now. Dame. IT was about time to get off my lazy ass and fix the problem.
Need to keep my mind off mods!! Thanks SPnx

Richie Soliven Representing Split Second Racing
SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ( boosting at 10 psi), HKS TURBO TIMER, JWT ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat(That needs do be hollowed out), 3 in downpipe,300zxTT fuel pump HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, SSR rims 18x7.5,relocated battary to the trunk, AGX'S struts and Ground Controls, Stillen kit Next from wkdtrbo57, then Hood Scoop !!

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Dude you have to slow down! The sheer speed and massive tourque of the mighty DET is forcing water into places it shoulden't be going! Turn down the boost and drive normal!

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts