SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you running an aftermarket water temp gauge, quick question: Where did you put your sender (where did you tap for the water)? I'm installing an AutoMeter gauge (p/n 4337) and I'm trying to decide where to put it. Any sugestions?

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I would just tap into a water line somewhere. I wish I had a digital camera, so I could show you how I did my fuel pressure gauge.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks for the info. I was actually thinking of using something like this:
(Picture courtesy of Mike Gosselin)

or maybe making something like this:
(Picture courtesy of Dave Allen)

------------------
David

[This message has been edited by nsracer (edited 01-23-2001).]

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Hey! Wanna do that to my thermostat housing. I bought a water temp gauge and need a place to put it too.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
either way should work.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
70 Posts
hey nsracer did Dave include any instructions as to how to tap that screw and run the line thru or should i just have at it with a drill and lots of praying but that method looks to be the coolest of the two. it retains that oh so lovely stock look. " I really want to do that to my 91"
TIA

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, Dave didn't really say how he did it. But, I've seen it done before and yes, you just drill the hole and tap it. Not too dificult.

------------------
David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts