SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I have an Autometer Water Temp gauge and it came with 2 NPT sender fittings for the engine and its own sender. The sender fittings didnt seem like they were the same size as the factory one so I just wired it up to the factory sender and its normal temp is 195. Is this going to screw readings up for REAL readings or is the factory sender a close enough match to Autometers' sender? Does anyone know what the normal operating temp is of the SR20? TIA!

For those of you that are going to ask, and I know you are out there, why I installed another temp gauge, well I had an extra hole in my 3 gauge A-pillar after selling the NOS gauge with the kit. I am going turbo very soon so I will add the BOOST gauge then. Yes, I know I already have a boost gauge too. DAMNIT I JUST WANTED IT! :D J/K.

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
I did this too. When i hooked up the wires to the factory sender the radiator fans kept running non stop. So what i did is have the exiting(off front passinger side of motor) radaitor hose fitting tapped for the sensor. Now my normal temp. is 180 deg.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, soyou tapped the radiator inlet or the fitting on the engine itself? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seen the light! Thanks gang! Looks like I have a project tp do when I get home form work! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts